I have just returned from a week at the Melia. The room we were allocated was of a good size, two twin beds comfy arm chair, large bathroom, sea facing balcony the only concern I would have is the air con I would imagine it would struggle to cool your room in the height of summer as it only just cooled the room in October. The restaurant is very bright and very noisy; every night busloads of tourists staying for one night appear taking over the place. Overall, the food is good, service is quick to sell your drink when you sit down however try getting your plates taken during different courses, that normally led to me taken them to an empty table myself. The swimming pool lets the hotel down, as it is too small with very few loungers, the beach is straight across the road however it will cost you another 9euros per couple each day onto your holiday. The resort has nice bars along the sea front on both sides of the hotel and you can walk into Benalmadina (1 hr). I would recommend staying in this hotel if you are looking for a nice quite relaxing time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Costa del Sol is located in the resort of Torremolinos (Malaga) right in front of the Bajondillo beach and 300 m from the centre of the Torremolinos. The best option for unwinding, having fun and working in Costa del Sol, thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities and its superb service. The bright and welcoming double rooms (**), Junior Suites and Suites with fabulous sea views, a furnished terrace, AACC, Minibar (*), safe, LCD TV and a bathroom with hairdryer, magnifying mirror, amenities Melia; Different dining areas (Buffet Restaurant, Snack Restaurant and Lobby Bar); a renovated Sea View outdoor pool; 350 m2 Thalasso Spa Marino (*); Fitness Room; Free Wi-Fi throughout all the hotel; Parking (*); and a magnificent Convention Center with 15 meeting rooms with capacity for up to 450 people. 10 minutes from Malaga International Airport and 15 minutes from Malaga Ave station / Maria Zambrano. (*) With charge (**) Except some ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Costa Del Sol Hotel Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Melia Hotel Torremolinos
- Melia Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain