“Great Quality - Thanks Vueling” 4 of 5 bubbles

Melia Costa del Sol
Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Gibraltar
“Great Quality - Thanks Vueling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We ended up staying in this hotel due to a flight cancellation in Malaga, which ended up being a great 24 hours. We got a junior suite in a low floor with sea view, and all meals included. We were happily surprised by the quality on rooms, service and food. We are looking forward to coming back. Thanks Vueling!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cbsa1978
meliacost, Dep. Hotel Manager. at Melia Costa del Sol, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you for your review.
We are glad to see that your short stay was satisfactory and are also grateful for your comments about the service you experienced.
Feedback from our guests, is important to help us to constantly improve our service.

We look forward to seeing you soon again at the Melia Costa del Sol

Warm regards,
Orlando Pérez - Deputy Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Excellent location with wonderful rooms, the buffet they offer is mouth watering and the beach view rooms are give you a perfect view. The only draw back is the hotel can be filled to the brim during the spanish summer which makes the dining area a little crowded.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank euphoricelement

Yours Sincerely

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel was booked for me, and I'm so glad! Great location right in front of the beach, wonderful rooms with a decent view of the ocean, nice bathroom. The beds were a little bit rough, but the food made up for it. What a wonderful buffet setup they have! I enjoyed both the breakfast and dinner buffets, and was not disappointed. So much to choose from, both hot and cold. Omelettes made to order...DELICIOUS coffee delivered right to your table! Of all of the places I've had coffee on my Spain trip, and of all of the fancy machines and coffee shops I've frequented, I'm still thinking about that coffee. I love that they've also tried to incorporate a gym, though it is lacking (4 machines, weights, 2 benches). I did not have the opportunity to get into the pool, but it was a hot spot, so I figure it must've been good. I did patronize the towel service, and brought a towel down to the beach. And let me not forget the staff. When I visited my room, it smelled as if someone had just smoked a whole carton of cigarettes. I have a huge aversion to cigarette smoke (I can't even stand to walk behind someone smoking, so imagine the trouble I had when every other person appears to smoke!), so I went back to the front desk to ask for another room. They were very helpful, they put me in a temporary room (the last one) and then gave me another room the next night, and even let me "test drive" the room to make sure I was pleased with it. When I think about my whole stay, what more could I ask for? From start to finish, I had a great experience. I would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kendra M
We are filled with happiness knowing that your stay with us was enjoyable and services offered filled your expectations, for us, comments like yours are what motivate all Melia Costa del Sol Team to give the best of ourselves, always working to provide quality.

We appreciate the intention and the time you took to share your experience at Melia Costa

We will be waiting for you with open arms on your next visit to Torremolinos.

Airdrie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

ive been there 4 days. Very clean rooms, nice people. I will very recommend this hotel Melia and Torremolinos. Im sure I will back there!!! :) Breakfast was amazing, everythink what you eat you can find, juices fresh amazing in taste. Towels we had change every day, the guy at swimming pool was very funny, confident and helped. I really loved hotel Melia Csta del Sol. You have to see this place and be there.

Room Tip: take a room from the beach side, is very beautifull look and quite
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eveline1989
Thank you for your kind review! We are delighted that you had a good stay at our property. Our Team Members are one of our biggest assets; they are all professional, friendly, and eager to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay.
It is such a pleasure when we can share positive comments such as yours with the team.
Thank you again for staying with us, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to Melia Costa del Sol.

Kind regards.

Orlando Pérez
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I spent five nights in this hotel and the overall evaluation is very good.

1)Rooms-->they are spacious and clean. We experimented a problem with the wifi connection but they succeeded in resolving it. The bathroom also is quite big.
The rooms didn't seem to be soundproofed in fact we could hear almost everything from the corridor.
The only thing which I didn't appreciated it is that sometimes my room was not serviced by the housekeeping until 2 o' clock..I know that they say that the room will be serviced from 9 to 17,but after lunch I am usual to rest in my room and I'd like to have it serviced by that time.

2) Position-->it is located right on the paseo maritimo!when you get out from the hotel you just have to cross the street and you are on the beach. The city center is quite close to the hotel,you just a have to do a nice walk through some local stores.
In front of the hotel you can find several bus stations and also a taxi one

4)Meals-->there are two restaurants in the hotel: the proa,which is a la carte restaurant and it is very pretty and nice. The buffet restaurant: located in the same place of the breakfast room, this is a buffet restaurant and it's a amazing,you can find almost you can desire from paella to hot ad cold buffet and deserts at the rate of 23€ per person

3) Breakfast-->the breakfast room is located at the swimming pool level and it is spacious and luminous;) there is almost everything you can desire: from deserts to ham and cheese.

4)Wifi connection-->it works very good in the hotel hall and garden. I could also connect my device from the beach on front of the hotel...amazing.

5)Swimming pool-->very nice and it is useful the towel service,the only problem is that it is small.

I'm totally satisfied and I suggest anybody this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Matgil88
meliacost, Dep. Hotel Manager. at Melia Costa del Sol, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
We are filled with happiness knowing that your stay with us was enjoyable and services offered filled your expectations.
For us, comments like yours are what motivate all Melia Costa del Sol Team to give the best of ourselves, always working to provide quality.

We will be waiting for you with open arms on your next visit to Torremolinos.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times and find it very convenient. All rooms have sea view, but ask for a room on a higher floor and towards the front of the hotel. The standard rooms are functional and have everything you need.
Service at check-in is friendly and efficient and the great plus of the hotel is the wonderful breakfast buffet. You find everything you may want to eat or drink for breakfast, freshly-prepared omelette and cava included! It can get very busy if you go around 10:00, so try to get there a little earlier and you'll be impressed with the huge selection!

Room Tip: higher floor towards the front, we prefer the west (Benalmádena) side
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TomCH_12
meliacost, Dep. Hotel Manager. at Melia Costa del Sol, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for posting such a positive TripAdvisor review and thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Melia Costa del Sol . It was a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Costa del Sol .

Yours Sincerely

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for the first time in many years on a weeks half board. Still the same great hotel.
Clean,both rooms and public areas.
Great food, varied, interesting and plentiful.
Great staff, happy and helpful.
Only one comment.
We never had a problem getting a sunbed round the pool as most people do tend to go to the beach.
However a few more beds wouldn't be a bad idea as some people did have a problem.
Also the use of chairs and the way people moved the beds around just makes the place untidy!!!!
Apart from that a few small bottles of CAVA in the mini bar would be a good idea. That's a personal thing I was on my holidays after all!
Well done Melia Costa Del Sol

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Boober32
meliacost, Dep. Hotel Manager. at Melia Costa del Sol, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you very much indeed for your comments about your recent stay at Melia Costa del Sol.
We always looking forward to have valuable guest like you and meet needs and expectations and your feedback help us very much on this matter, I am sharing your nice comments with all the staff.
We value the feedback that you give us about the hotel, it's very important for us know the experience of our guests with your prospect, as it helps us to improve the quality of our services and thereby improve the satisfaction of our guests.

Hopefully we will see you back again very soon at Melia Costa del Sol.

Warmest regards,

Orlando Pérez- Deputy Hotel Manager.