location, location,location ... This hotel certainly has it. Just a 5 minute walk to the marina and beach front restaurants (this extends to 10 minutes in the evening due high heels)
Lovely pool area but not a lot of sun beds so get up at 5am to put your towel reserve on the ones you want.
Staff are very friendly and helpful especially when we had to move room 3 times due to no lockable patio doors... as we were on the ground floor it was a definite security issue. They upgraded our room to a suite as an apology which was great...Again no locks on the balcony doors but as we were 7 floors up we thought the chance of an abseiling burglar would be low. The fridge and air conditioning didn't work either but after 5 jugs of sangria we didn't even notice.
Great hotel if you're over the age of 50, I defiantly felt the youngest there (I'm a young slim 44 years old) so on the plus side I felt great in my bikini round the pool and I didn't have to worry about my husband eyeing up the ladies.
Breakfast buffet was a good standard which soaked up the previous nights 5 jugs of sangria...and all with a nice outdoor eating area.
Overall nice clean presented hotel near to all the bars and restaurants but far enough back not to be noisy .... Would I go again ... Yes for the price it fitted exactly what we needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Costa del Sol is located in the resort of Torremolinos (Malaga) right in front of the Bajondillo beach and 300 m from the centre of the Torremolinos. The best option for unwinding, having fun and working in Costa del Sol, thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities and its superb service. The bright and welcoming double rooms (**), Junior Suites and Suites with fabulous sea views, a furnished terrace, AACC, Minibar (*), safe, LCD TV and a bathroom with hairdryer, magnifying mirror, amenities Melia; Different dining areas (Buffet Restaurant, Snack Restaurant and Lobby Bar); a renovated Sea View outdoor pool; 350 m2 Thalasso Spa Marino (*); Fitness Room; Free Wi-Fi throughout all the hotel; Parking (*); and a magnificent Convention Center with 15 meeting rooms with capacity for up to 450 people. 10 minutes from Malaga International Airport and 15 minutes from Malaga Ave station / Maria Zambrano. (*) With charge (**) Except some ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Costa Del Sol Hotel Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Melia Hotel Torremolinos
- Melia Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain