On our tour of Spain, we stayed at this awesome hotel. The hotel is situated across the street from the Ocean where you have access to beach chairs and towels etc. The hotel pool looked inviting--unfortunately for us it wasn't open till June but we were able to walk along the beach and stick our feet in the waves --too cold to jump in yet--The bar was spacious and the bartender, Carlos was very helpful. He even helped me with my fledgling Spanish. The main attraction at the bar was Mario--the musician who was a talented keyboard player with a great voice. We danced until we closed the place at 12:00. The next day, after dancing like a fool and forgetting how old I was, I went to the hotel spa called the "Thalasso Spa" to take care of my weary muscles. Lola at the front desk of the spa was very helpful. I soaked in their, hot, giant, seawater, Jacuzzi and used the steam bath and sauna. I also treated myself to a 50 minute massage. Their massage therapist, Cruz Godoy was incredible. She told me that she had been doing that for 20 years and that she loved her work. It was evident by the way she worked. I walked out of their a new man, only to dance like a fool the next night. My room faced the ocean, was spacious and clean and had a balcony. They had a gym but the weight equipment was non functional. The breakfast buffet was very good and the food selection was extensive.
I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Costa del Sol is located in the resort of Torremolinos (Malaga) right in front of the Bajondillo beach and 300 m from the centre of the Torremolinos. The best option for unwinding, having fun and working in Costa del Sol, thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities and its superb service. The bright and welcoming double rooms (**), Junior Suites and Suites with fabulous sea views, a furnished terrace, AACC, Minibar (*), safe, LCD TV and a bathroom with hairdryer, magnifying mirror, amenities Melia; Different dining areas (Buffet Restaurant, Snack Restaurant and Lobby Bar); a renovated Sea View outdoor pool; 350 m2 Thalasso Spa Marino (*); Fitness Room; Free Wi-Fi throughout all the hotel; Parking (*); and a magnificent Convention Center with 15 meeting rooms with capacity for up to 450 people. 10 minutes from Malaga International Airport and 15 minutes from Malaga Ave station / Maria Zambrano. (*) With charge (**) Except some ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Costa Del Sol Hotel Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Melia Hotel Torremolinos
- Melia Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain