To start with I'd like to say that I just came back today from this holiday and agree on a few points about disabled access..(below) .This hotel is not suitable fordisabled guests - the main (and ONLY) entrance is below street level and the lifts are too small to fit a wheelchair and one person..and the room entrance isnt wide enough either, we had to squeeze wheelchair in and out on a daily basis....I had the junior suite where I was told a walk in shower can be used for my disabled mother, yet there were no handles to hold on to in and out the shower!
The balcony was huge with a lovely sea view, the tv was a flat screen TV with BBC1 & 2 & and maybe 2 more english channels, all others were in spanish (even cartoons) and no tea/coffee making facilities either so its best to bring ur own kettle/tea bags/sugar and buy some milk u can keep in the minibat fridge!
The Free WiFi was great as I always have my laptop with me and love to keep in touch via skype etc and emails.
The Breakfast was great and laid out as a buffet across various stands, there was a lot of it and of very good quality. From cooked breakfast, cereals, bread, fruit, nuts, cheeses, cold meats etc. The only drawback was not everything was labelled e/g coffee machine and at Dinner time no signs were visible to describe what was actually being served.
Other then that, the promenade is great for shopping, getting essentials/tourist gifts etc and lots to eat, beach is few mins across the road which is very close, the torremolinos shopping is better then malaga town as its cheaper
Overall this is a great hotel : )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Costa del Sol is located in the resort of Torremolinos (Malaga) right in front of the Bajondillo beach and 300 m from the centre of the Torremolinos. The best option for unwinding, having fun and working in Costa del Sol, thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities and its superb service. The bright and welcoming double rooms (**), Junior Suites and Suites with fabulous sea views, a furnished terrace, AACC, Minibar (*), safe, LCD TV and a bathroom with hairdryer, magnifying mirror, amenities Melia; Different dining areas (Buffet Restaurant, Snack Restaurant and Lobby Bar); a renovated Sea View outdoor pool; 350 m2 Thalasso Spa Marino (*); Fitness Room; Free Wi-Fi throughout all the hotel; Parking (*); and a magnificent Convention Center with 15 meeting rooms with capacity for up to 450 people. 10 minutes from Malaga International Airport and 15 minutes from Malaga Ave station / Maria Zambrano. (*) With charge (**) Except some ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Melia Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Costa Del Sol Hotel Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Melia Hotel Torremolinos
- Melia Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain