The worst thing about this hotel is the external appearance: the awful pastel shade and the plasterwork are very last century. When I was there a lot of the balconies in the tower opposite had large sections of cladding chipped away, so I guess they're in the process of renovation. Once you're inside, this is a nice hotel: white marble effect in the lobby and the rooms are well appointed, each with a balcony and sea view. In November I was able to leave the balcony door open and the air conditioning off at night: very pleasant. Wi-fi is free unless you want premium speeds, which 90% of people won't need. Breakfast was not included in my package but for a modest 11 euros it was a great spread: fresh fruit, cereals, hams, cheeses and a hot counter for made-to-order omelettes, etc. The location was right on the beach - not of great interest at this time of year, but it would be perfect for families in warmer weather. Right next to the hotel there is a stairway which takes you right to the bars and clubs and the town square: it couldn't be more convenient. That said, if you're an independent traveler driving there, you will have trouble finding the way to the hotel the first time: signposting starts well on the main road but you're soon abandoned and have to work it out for yourself. Once you're there, though, parking in the street is easy and free. All in all a good experience: if they can update the exterior by 20 years or so, this will be a jewel on the seafront.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Costa del Sol is located in the resort of Torremolinos (Malaga) right in front of the Bajondillo beach and 300 m from the centre of the Torremolinos. The best option for unwinding, having fun and working in Costa del Sol, thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities and its superb service. The bright and welcoming double rooms (**), Junior Suites and Suites with fabulous sea views, a furnished terrace, AACC, Minibar (*), safe, LCD TV and a bathroom with hairdryer, magnifying mirror, amenities Melia; Different dining areas (Buffet Restaurant, Snack Restaurant and Lobby Bar); a renovated Sea View outdoor pool; 350 m2 Thalasso Spa Marino (*); Fitness Room; Free Wi-Fi throughout all the hotel; Parking (*); and a magnificent Convention Center with 15 meeting rooms with capacity for up to 450 people. 10 minutes from Malaga International Airport and 15 minutes from Malaga Ave station / Maria Zambrano. (*) With charge (**) Except some ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Melia Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Costa Del Sol Hotel Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Melia Hotel Torremolinos
- Melia Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain