My wife and I returned to the Don Pablo for a 4 night break in July and weren't disappointed.
We'd stayed here previously out of season a few years ago and promised to return and we were so glad we did.
Last time the hotel was quiet but in July it was fully booked but still ran extremely smoothly thanks to the competent staff, some of whom I'm sure have worked here for a long time.
Check in was a little slow, but we did arrive very late. We got the type of room we'd requested.
Breakfast was excellent with cava available each morning much to to the wife's delight!
We were on half board and the evening meals were also very good with plenty of choice. We were also able to have lunch on our final day as we arrived too late for our dinner on day 1.
There is also a snack bar and buffet restaurant overlooking the beach but we didn't use this and it always looked quite empty in there.
The pool area is fantastic with a choice of pools and lots of sunbeds. The complex is made up of 3 hotels the others being the Don Pedro and Don Marco. You can easily walk between the 3 and use the facilities of the others so there are about 7 or 8 pools to choose from + indoor.
The entertainment team work very hard and although not a great lover of hotel entertainment, the evening programme here was a cut above the norm with both the professional acts and animation team putting on good shows. They were also performed outside which was nice.
This is a good hotel in a nice area just a stones throw from the fabulous beach. There are also plenty of nice bars and restaurants close by for a change of scenery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Pablo has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), part of the Sol Don Hotels complex together with Sol Don Pedro and Sol Don Marco. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, has 443 rooms decorated in Andalusian style and equipped with double bed or twin beds (subject to availability), desk, satellite TV, telephone, terrace / balcony, mini bar (*), safe (*) and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). All rooms are non-smoking, except those found in the third and fourth floor. Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Orbitz so you can book your Sol Don Pablo by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pablo Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pablo By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain