My mum, daughter and I stayed in this hotel at the end of June 2013 and I must say it was lovely. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was basic and quite small but it was clean and well maintained. We were half board and the food was buffet style and lots of it it was easy to change to lunch if you wanted to take a walk out in the evening. The hotel was in a complex of 3 hotels and it was ideally situated 20 minutes from the airport. It was across the road from the beach which was well maintained. You had to pay a deposit or your towels and if you wanted a change of towel it was €1 also if you wanted wifi you had to pay for it. There was a fridge in the room which was handy for storing water. The entertainment at the hotel was brilliant there was lots on day and night. Every evening they had a mini disco for the children which was brilliant the only thing was if you were staying longer than a week the mini disco is very repetitive and children may get bored with it especially if they are age 7 up..there was a kids club which was from 10.30- 1.00 and then from 3.00- 4.30 again it was quite repetitive and could introduce more activities for the children especially for the older children.
It is a very child friendly resort with lots of lovely restaurants along the sea front and mini golf close by.
Overall we had a great holiday and will definitely go back to it again. I would ask for a sea view and get a taxi from the airport as our transfers left us sitting on a bus for an hour before we left the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Pablo has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), part of the Sol Don Hotels complex together with Sol Don Pedro and Sol Don Marco. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, has 443 rooms decorated in Andalusian style and equipped with double bed or twin beds (subject to availability), desk, satellite TV, telephone, terrace / balcony, mini bar (*), safe (*) and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). All rooms are non-smoking, except those found in the third and fourth floor. Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sol Don Pablo by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pablo Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pablo By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain