“Don pablo”

Ranked #10 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
northern ireland
“Don pablo”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were here mid may and really enjoyed our stay. We were on 8 th floor as we'd asked for a higher floor over looking the bowling greens.hotel is very spainish in style dark wood and floor tiles polished to perfection and kept super clean. Our room was good size plently of lamps and storage space. Small lcd tv.Bathrooms were fine also with selection of toiletries razor toothbrushes etc. we were half board and we could not complain about anything.breakfast had loads of fruit cereals ham cheese and the hot options. I always got the chef to cook my eggs fresh.dining room is large so no problem geting tables.we finished off with bucks fizz each morning. Evening meal plenty of choice again the chefs will be cooking meat to order. Loads of veg and good choice of potatoes chips, roast,saute etc., fruit, desserts again very good. Staff were friendly and helpful .the grounds of this hotel were well maintained and plenty of sun lounge areas overlooking the promanade and beach. We had good weather so enjoyed these and the beach, bowling greens which provided my husband with few hours entertainment. During our stay there was alot of elderly guests and the evening entertainment was probably more suited to them.. We would go out into torremolinos and find a few bars with live music which was good craic. As it had been about 5 years since we'd been to spain perferring turkey we were pleasantly surprised with the euro prices and the spainish seemed to be much more friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Just email ahead to ask for choice of room etc
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Pablo, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear jensim7,
Thanks for your in-depth review of the Don Pablo. I am so glad that we managed to exceed your expectations and possibly even tempt you away from Turkey again?!
Food and entertainment are two corner stones of the Sol brand, so we pay a lot of attention to the buffet ensuring that there is a lot of choice and also a good proportion of healthy options (as well as pizzas and chips). The entertainment, as you mention, is adapted throughout the year to appeal to the majority of the guests. As spring is upon us it is all getting a little livelier now and also includes a lot more focus on kids.
I'm glad tht the weather was good for you as we have had a couple of rather untypical weeks in May.
Thanks again for taking the time to review us.
Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Have just returned from a week's stay at Sol Don Pablo (16 to 23 May 2013). This was our 3rd stay at this hotel complex and I have no complaints whatsoever - apart from the disappointing weather which was cloudy and cool for most of the week!!

We had a lovely room on the 8th floor, overlooking the Don Pedro, the pool areas and the lovely coastline up towards Malaga. The maid service was excellent with clean towels every day. The room was kept spotlessly clean as were all public areas of the hotel.

The restaurant was great. Fantastic choice of food at breakfast and evening. Nobody could ever go hungry in this hotel. The waiting staff were efficient and friendly even at the busiest times. The reception staff also were helpful and efficient.

There is nightly entertainment at this hotel which is always well organised and good fun.

I will certainly be returning to the Don Pablo...hopefully before the end of this year!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dave G
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Pablo, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for your great review Dave G.
We certainly hope to welcome you back before the end of the year too.
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Hotel was clean, food was good but came repetitive. Good for us as we have a 2 year old girl and was only 10 minutes transfer from the airport. Pools were good if a little cold. Would probably go back in the future. Very good for the price we paid.

Room Tip: Drinks in the hotel are on the expensive side!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear dumpyw,
Many thanks for taking the time to write in to Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed yourselves and that you are considering coming back. I really hope that we have the chance to welcome you back soon.
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Rooms, public areas, pools, hotel restaurant and the food was all as good as we expected to be. We were threated wery well and shall return back if planning a trip to Torremolinos. Thank you for the relaxing vacation.

• Stayed May 2013
Thanks for you review Soitula,
It is good to hear that everything was as you had hoped. Please do plan another trip to Torremolinos and come and stay!.
STOURBRIDGE
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Could not fault hotel.Will definitely return,Unfortunately we had to leave three days early due to family bereavement but had excellent assistance in arranging return flight from Luiz? Please thank him for us.

Room Tip: Poolside i.e. even numbered rooms best situated.Would have liked a corner suite ,but still enjoyed o...
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Pablo, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
I am very sorry to hear of your family bereavement FRANCISROGERS07. I will certainly pass your thanks on to Luis Meijide. I hope that you will be able to conticue your stay with us in the future.
Many thanks for taking the time to write in.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was a brilliant holiday, our party was two sisters and two husbands,and all four of us really enjoyed our 10 days. My sister in laws husband swears it was his best holiday ever and he is in his sixties. The staff from the receptionists to the animation team and the cleaners were lovely. We enjoyed the food, the games, the bowling greens the nice bedrooms with walk in shower.. With free WiFi in bar area and a lovely indoor heated swimming pool we felt spoilt. We hope to be back in October and enjoy Don Pablo once again!

Room Tip: If you can afford 4 euro per day per person go for full seaview room 501-2,601-2,701-2,etc. It'...
1 Thank alex m
AntonioStalenhoef, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sol Don Pablo, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear "alex m",

First at all, thank you very much for sharing your experience with all of us. We are glad that everyone of you had a good time in our resort and we are happy to see that you want to come back in the near future. Looking foward to see you back here: your second home.

Regards,
bristol
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We arrived at the Sol Don Pablo late on 7th May for a 1 week stay.
ROOM: The room was clean and bed comfy, although two singles pushed next to each other rather than a proper double, so single bedding etc.. I had booked direct and mentioned in the notes we were on our anniversary, so rather disappointing.
The 'sea view' was laughable. If you went onto the balcony and looked over to the left you could see the sea.. The room view was of the apartments opposite.
The cleaners come round from 8:30AM and talk loudly down the corridors, so don't expect a lie-in! They're polite and do a good job though, so can't knock them.
FOOD: We stayed half board, breakfast was good - plenty of choice and all fresh. Pancakes made daily, but no maple syrup!? I mentioned this on the second morning and was told lots of people request this and maybe they would have some tomorrow. By the end of the week, still nothing. Dinner seemed to be on a three day rotation, good food, but a little mundane by the end of a week.
ENTERTAINMENT: Classic spanish hotel entertainment, cheesy but good fun. The evening shows weren't bad and the daytime entertainment team were great, particularly Alberto & Jonny.. top lads, real fun.
LOCATION: Having never been to Torremolinos, I had no idea about location and chose the hotel based on the rating here. It's perfect for the beach, across the road is a beach as good as any along the coast up to Fuengirola. [NOTE: The sea dips quickly, so may not be suited for younger children. The beach at Benalmadena seemed better, at the port end] For town/nightlife though it is limited. If I were going back for a lads/drinking holiday I'd probably head to Benalmadena. For a couples relaxing weekend the hotel offered all we needed.
BAD BITS!: The low points of the holiday were being locked on the balcony - twice! We kept the door closed when going out onto the balcony to keep the air con going and were locked out on night 3. Luckily, after an initial panic I realised I had my phone on me. I got the hotels number from the internet and called down to explain. A grumpy security guard let us back into our room without apology. The next morning I explained what had happened to the asst manager and explained I would be out of pocket due to foreign internet/phone use and my first thought of smashing the window would've been a lot more costly! I was assured that the lock would be looked at and half expected we might receive a fruit bowl/flowers by way of apology, but nothing was offered.
On night 5 I was locked out again! I should've learned not to close the door, but having been told it was fixed thought I'd be okay. This time, with no phone on me, I had no choice but to break the lock. I was so angry that another evening was being ruined. I spoke with the manager who arranged for the lock to be repaired the same evening and let us check out late on our last day.
Based on the responses of the management, security, front office staff and the handyman, I wouldn't stay at the Don Pablo again. It was just about holding up as a possible return visit, but I left feeling let down rather than relaxed. If everyone had the attitude of the entertainment team it would be a great place to stay. As it stands the best I can offer is 'average'.

3 Thank bristolbaron