We have just returned from our annual week’s autumn break, in Torremolinos, looking for the last of the summer sun, staying once again at the Sol Don Pablo.
The hotel although dated in some areas, which in my opinion helps it retain its original Spanish charm and ambiance, yet still offers great value for money, is kept spotlessly clean at all times, offers good food, and sits in a great location.
The rooms are very spacious and always kept clean, by the excellent daily maid’s service. The bathroom is again spacious, with a full length bath and excellent shower that delivers a good pressure with plenty of hot water. Clean towels are provided every day.
The restaurant we dined in every day on a half board basis, was very good, and offers a good selection of food at all times, I really could not find any reason to complain about any aspect of the food, and if you could not find anything to your liking here, you must be particularly fussy.
The hotel is situated right on the front and offers easy access on to the long flat promenade, where shops and cafes are plentiful.
There are numerous pools situated around the hotel complex, and locating a sunbed is very easy, The only complaint I would note here is the number of fly’s that were flying around at this time of year, and I do mean plenty. Although not a hotel problem, it is very annoying.
Finally I would like to praise all the staff that year after year, makes you so welcomed, and work so hard at every task they perform. From the minute you enter to the time you check out nothing is a problem to them, and it is nice to see so many familiar faces year after year. Keep up the good work.
Looking to return again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Pablo has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), part of the Sol Don Hotels complex together with Sol Don Pedro and Sol Don Marco. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, has 443 rooms decorated in Andalusian style and equipped with double bed or twin beds (subject to availability), desk, satellite TV, telephone, terrace / balcony, mini bar (*), safe (*) and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). All rooms are non-smoking, except those found in the third and fourth floor. Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sol Don Pablo by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pablo Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pablo By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain