“A must for beach front Spanish lunch”

Restaurante Playa Larry
Reserve a Table
Thu, 5/23
8:00 PM
Ranked #88 of 860 Restaurants in Torremolinos
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our establishment traces its origins to the early 1970s Its founders were Antonio Ramos and Trinidad Murillo, both natives of old fishing district of La Carihuela. With the rise of tourism in the Costa del Sol and more specifically Torremolinos, Antonio and Trinidad decided to build a small stand of drinks and snacks on the beach La Carihuela. In time, that little snack stand has become a Chiringuito-Restaurant trying to keep alive the flavors and typical products of Malaga food and the neighborhood of La Carihuela. During these decades we have survived political changes, 2 times the authorities moved the location of our restaurante, 3 times we had to rebuild the local due to storms ... But thanks to the unconditional support of many customers, some of whom are now in its third generation, we are pleased to continue to serve the best of the traditional Malaga dishes, like "sardines-esptos, fried fish and paellas, in a beautiful location by the mediterranean sea, to make your stay on the Costa del Sol as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

I have regularly gone to this restaurant when on the beach....great food and service with an extensive menu. The fish is first class but you can also have burger and chips if that is what you need! My recommendation would be the rosado which is a local fish and seriously delicious . Good atmosphere and service what more do you want for a holiday lunch.FYI still to meet Larry! added bonus are the beach beds below the restaurant which also offer waiter service from Carlos.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

As a London food snob, I was firmly of the opinion that the best seafood money can buy was served by J Sheekey or Parsons. Wrong! It is served by Restaurante Larry on the Torremolinos seafront

It is always fresh and beautifully cooked. Our (myself, my wife and our nine year old daughter) meal of lightly fried baby squid followed by a shared sea bass baked in salt and accompanied by a pepper salad was quite frankly one of the best meals I have ever eaten. We were back like a shot the next night, and the next.....

The meal was served to us by Jose who would not be out of place in one of the top London restaurants mentioned above. Jose is friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. He will recommend the best catch (great scallops to start last night) and the best wines to go with it that certainly do not break the bank

I am not a meat eater but those that are tell me it is pretty good as well

Thank you Larry’s but, most of all, “thank you Jose”!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 30, 2018

I wasn’t expecting much on my trip to Torremolinos. The more I saw of it however, the better it became. The number of seafood outlets in cosy wood and glass structures along the corniche were over 30. We were staying close by and opted for Larry’s there were about 20 in and we’d opted for a pan of paella between us. The food took about 20 minutes to arrive, which is about right for paella. It was really rich with just the right amount of seafood and peas. We wanted to try Larry’s out again before left so I could sample the sardines, however time went against us. We will return to Torremolinos again and Larry’s will be on the list!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 8, 2018

Our last lunch before the journey home,we enjoyed a selectionof assorted shellfish plus some sardines.
Service was as usual fine and leisurely.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

Good food for us. Nice people. Thank you for a nice lunch "Larry". God mat synes vi og hyggelige folk. Takk "Larry"

Date of visit: April 2018