“Great Food, Free Starters, Plentiful”
Review of Don Canape

Don Canape
Ranked #186 of 727 Restaurants in Torremolinos
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had a great meal there. I heard of the place from somebody I knew and we decided to try the place. Easy to find and centrally located near the beach.

I could not believe the amount of canapés (starters) we were offered at no extra cost. Most of them were great and we had to watch ourselves not to overfeed before the main course!

I had the shrimp cocktail as a starter. It was quite remarkable for the size and freshness of the shrimps and the presantation. I was amazed.

The main courses, salmon for my wife and filet of sole for me, were OK. Nothing to brag about but honest and good food.

Although the restaurant was full, service was excellent. Pricing was on par with the quality and quantity of the food and I was more than satisfied about the quality-price ratio.

We will be back!

7  Thank RPwings
There are newer reviews for Don Canape

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We went here once during our stay in Torremolinos based on the reviews on tripadvisor. I guess we didn't think it was a good as some are saying in terms of the quality of the food, but what everyone is saying about the free canapes at the start is very true. It was huge for the 2 of us, some were very nice, some were clearly just shop bought. Having said that all in it was very good.
Our main courses was average I would say. Nothing wrong with them, but you would cook as well yourself at home. To be fair to the restuarant however we didn't give it a second chance.
When we were there we were the only ones in the restuarant so service was very good.
All in all worth a visit for the canapes alone. I would imagine with a family, the huge selection of them would be great fun.

2  Thank Tom M
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We loved it and would highly recommend it. nice atmosphere and great service. Family run which makes it very personal. We have been to this restaurant many times and will visit again.

2  Thank moss43
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We have been visiting this restaurant every time we have gone to Torremolinos for the past ten years and it never disappoints. A huge platter of canapés is still served at no extra charge, which really replaces the need for a starter. Father has been chef since 1984, and son (Juan Antonio) has been the waiter for 15 years and they are a top act. Food is plentiful and superbly presented, supported by a great choice of wines and local liqueurs.
The restaurant decor is a little tired, but the food is extremely well maintained. Not the cheapest place to eat, but a great meal for £25 per head and a very pleasant atmosphere. Highly recommended, and unlike many other restaurants it is open all winter.

2  Thank SteveW08
Reviewed March 11, 2011

My sister and I went at the begining if Feb and although Torremolinos was quiet and there was only one other table apart from us, the food was lovely. We would NOT recomend getting a starter AND a main course, as they bring out a variety of little canapes at no extra charge, which was a very nice touch and this is something they do this all the time. We would definately recommend a visit or two on your stay.

3  Thank nessiandhilly