“Anglo Italian fantasy”

Villa Tiberio
Ranked #280 of 1,449 Restaurants in Marbella
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Known for its high standards and splendid service, Villa Tiberio is an 18-year old restaurant and Mediterranean palazzo surrounded by lush vegetation, with a menu offering the finest Spanish produce incorporated into Italian and international recipes. Here, the pasta is homemade, the sauces are rich and full of flavour, and the osso bucco, made with Dutch veal, is bound to please any palate. Capesanti e gamberoni alla thermidor (scallops and jumbo prawns served in a cream and brandy sauce), porchetta alla Villa Tiberio (crispy roast suckling pig), and anitra all'orange (duck baked with orange and cura&ccdil;ao liqueur) are but three of the signature dishes that have made the restaurant such a popular rendezvous. And if that isn't enough, a 1938 Chateau Margaux, a Romanée Conti Grand Cru 1973, Vega Sicilia, Sassicaia and Tignanello Antinori are only a few of the many desirable wines stacked in the bodega.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

If you have never been to Villa Tiberio, the first visit will be interesting. You will either love it or hate it. It's been around for years, as has it's owner and omni-present Capo, Sandro. He has lived in England and knows what the English and other nationalities love about Italian food. Is it authentic? For most people, it is authentic enough. It leans towards the English with '2 veg' served with most things, even lasagna. It is a very popular place as the garden is an over-the-top Italian garden full of statues and water features. The waiters have been around for a long time and sometimes the service can be sloppy, but we always go by once when in Marbella, because it's a nice place, the food is good and the welcome is friendly.

There are newer reviews for Villa Tiberio

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We visited here on the last night of our two week holiday to Marbella, and what an amazing finish to a fabulous break!
This was my third time to Marbella but my first visit to Villa Tiberio and I couldn't believe I hadn't found out about this gem sooner!

The surroundings are breathtaking and I cannot wait to return next year!
The service was 10/10
The food was stunning and we we're given a nice break inbetween courses which was nice. The restaurant itself was completley full and the atmosphere was wonderful.
Staff couldn't do enough for you and were always on hand.

All in all - FABULOUS!

1  Thank CM2887
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was here in July this year with my boyfriend and it was our second time coming here. The restaurant itself is lovely, we were outside at this time of the year. The inside is a little dated but it didn't put me off as I knew the food was going to be fabulous. It's a bit of a celebrity place but everyone gets treated the same, getting a big welcome from Sandro who goes around each table greeting his clients. Staff are very friendly and attentive. The garden surroundings are really nice and so well maintained - lots of Italian sculptures and garden ornaments around the place. Our food arrived and I had gambas pil pil followed by monkfish. I have not stopped talking about the gambas pil pil since then - they were amazing and I keep saying I will try and recreate it at home. Prawns were plenty and very tasty. Monkfish - again very plentiful and very tasty. It's unfortunate that the other reviewers thought the food was not tasty and perhaps they should try again on another occasion as I don't know anyone who has not liked this restaurant. It' a family favourite of ours and I know of others who return again and again. This restaurant is pricey but it's a very nice treat (two starters, two mains, 2bottles of wine and water all came to approx. €150)

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Not Italian food. Italian food is not this salty, cheesy or so bland.

To me Italian food is about the food, unlike French food which is about the chef.
This Italian food was about the past reputation and the gardens it seemed.

I find it hard placed to believe that any main courses would have been authentic Italian, as they seemed to be versions of Italian dishes.
We ordered Steak with foie and truffle, suckling pig, lasagne and carbonara.
Although the initial taste of the lasagne and carbonara were pleasant , soon the over bearing use of cheese and salt meant that pleasant surprise turned to distaste.

The steak was bland, I ordered it rare thankfully so not a chance to be ovecooked reading some of the other reviews
The suckling pig was moist but absolutely lacking in any real anything special.
The steak and pig were premium priced but not premium on taste.

The setting and ambiance was very nice, sitting outside in the evening. So many people gave it a good atmosphere.

Service, with a smile, but severely patchy.
Both in food coming from the kitchen and from the attentiveness of the staff.
I'm understandable about this as the number of staff seemed woefully under for the number of covers.
Especially considering a lot of these tables were seating 8 people or more and restauant was full.

Let's get onto the music! What can I say. The most cheesy karaoke style mash up of classic songs. And no artist was spared by the crooner.
Truly I was rocking like a demented animal at a zoo as I started to enjoy the destruction of so many songs and thought to myself, it's not that bad really
It was!

This restaurant is I agree pandering to past glories.
There is a lot money floating around with clientele and reflected by the people clambering to shuffle their expensive cars to park in front of main entrances.
It's seems it was more about being seen than eating here.

If you enjoy food , I'm going to be blunt, don't expect the people eating here to be expecting the same.

We discussed bitterly that we wasted money here. As none of us finished our food.
The music was of putting and not even quiet enough to be in background and poor staff were over worked.

4  Thank MoOriginal
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We have been to this restaurant on a number of occasions as the setting is second to none. The service is always of the highest standard and we are welcomed like returning friends every time. When dining outside the gardens are worth visiting in their own right making for a truly marvellous setting.
I feel a bit guilty to then say that the food really doesn't quite match the other elements of the experience. The menu and style of food is now outdated compared to many other contemporary restaurants although it is always perfectly acceptable....just not great. Perhaps,for many of its clientele the menu is perfectly fine but I feel a revamp would be hugely beneficial.

1  Thank Steve S