“An oasis of calm just off a busy tourist promenade offering excellent food and wine”
Review of Mamma Angela

Mamma Angela
Ranked #151 of 1,474 Restaurants in Marbella
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Our first visit to the restaurant but not the last Just off the main Marbella promenade you walk through a leafy portico into a tranquil setting where good Italian food is on offer from courteous staff So different from the fried seafood restaurants where you need to fight for attention We will return

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Hidden in a little sidestreet in Marbella center we found this cozy italian restaurant.

Unlike some other restaurants in Marbella, the service and food was excellent.

We were there several times while visiting Marbella. We tried both, pasta, salads, pizza, meat and fish. it was all very very good.

We loved eating there and can recommend this place to everyone :) we will definitely come back to mama angela on my next visit to marbella.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Very nice Dinner and cozy location. The service was top. We have been there several times and We would defently come back.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We found this restaurant based on TA and were not disappointed. Our party of 8 ranged in age from 4 years to 71. We had the menu of the day, which was a spaghetti a la matriciana which was excellent! We also tried the salads which was great. Very attentive staff, gave colors and colouring book to the little one in our group, and was a beautiful garden setting off the busy tourist path, but close enough to the main beach strip. Worth a visit, as well as the ice cream parlour across the street...they had Kinder chocolate flavoured ice cream!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Yesterday was my birthday and while my wife had the entire morning and afternoon planned she didn't pick a restaurant for dinner so after hunting Trip Advisor for the best Italians I dismissed Mamma Angela at first after someone's comment about the change in ownership and the absence of some dishes.

We decided in the end to drive into Marbella and just wing it - after we parked and walked down to the promenade I saw the tiny, but amazing looking 'Mamma Angela's' which I didn't expect to find and we thought why not let's try it.

The restaurant is in the most perfect location. We live in Marbella so we know how crowded and loud it can get especially in the town centre, but for a restaurant so close to everything we could hear the birds while we sat outside in the courtyard.

Our server was I believe the same eastern european girl people talk about on other reviews of Mamma Angela's and my god I have to say she is the best server we have ever come across. She gave my wife a blanket just in case her shoulders got cold (we didn't ask for it) and was so attentive without being in our faces and when I asked her what she would eat from the menu she knew straight away what to recommend. What an amazing person to have working for you and I hope they never lose her!

The beer was really great - german on draft what more could you want!?! The food was ridiculously good. I had the penne queso & my wife chose a traditional option, maragarita pizza. Both were out of this world even the pizza bread we had for a starter!

We give this place 5 stars and would recommend it to anyone - it will exceed your expectations :)