“Verry nice”
Review of Pension Aduar

Pension Aduar
Ranked #6 of 35 Marbella B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We planned to stay in Pension Aduar for two weeks but we liked it so mutch so whe stayed one week more. It was very cheap and everyone was very kind especally the Oxanna the person who work there was very kind. If we asked for something she bring it to us and the rooms where always cleaned. I will recommand Aduar to others because we liked the pension and next time i will go there again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Quaint and friendly pension situated in the gorgeous old town of Marbella, close to the beach the bus station the shops the night life had a brilliant time nothing was too much trouble for the staff the owner was very helpful 24/7 having a 5 hr wait for my flight from check out the owner welcomed me to sit at the pension use the wifi the terrace till I was ready to depart even saying if I was tired I could sleep on one of the couches I loved my stay here at the pension I will most defiantly use this pension again when I return to Marbella I love the Spanish culture the old town offers the pension adzuar is perfectly situated to enjoy this and feel apart of it

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Manc Steve B
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This nice pension is located in a very authentic and beautiful street in the heart of the old town of Marbella and close to Los Naranjos Square. The area is full of little shops and restaurants with flowered and candle-lightened terraces which gives you many opportunities to dine out.The room was very clean, with comfortable beds and pillows, air-conditioning, television, a small balcony and bathroom with soap, shampoo, towels. The beach and the party area are 5-10 minutes walking. The owner is a very nice lady, very helpfull and even if we wake her up in the night she opened the door smiling. I recommend this pension for good conditions and good price.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Korynutza
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I am shocked to read the previous reviews, I don´t know if I was lucky or if they have changed owners. The place is in the old neighbourhood 15 min walk to the beach and 5 min. ride from the station. The manager couldn´t be more helpful, the owner was not so smiley but I could not complain about the service at all. Even when my travel companion woke her up in the middle of the night because we only had one set of keys she was kind enough to open the door for her without any complains. We arrived slightly earlier than check in time and they quickly managed to get our room serviced. The place is a traditional house with a beautiful courtyard and a vending machine. Ok you share the bathroom and it is not luxurious but it was spotless so were the rooms although could do with new curtains and bed covers. Considering we were there in the super peak season I thought it was a reasonable price for Marbella standards. I would not doubt in staying there again when you rather spend your money eating out and partying.

Room Tip: Marbella in the summer is a party town. So if you want peace and quiet, probably best to choose a 30...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MGC78
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Avoid disappointment do not stay here for any reason.

The first thing you notice when you walk into this hostel is the smell of cat urine, the next is the grumpy disgruntled woman who managers/owns the hostel working behind the counter and doesn't know how to smile.

We came in late and paid 50€ for our room for 3 nights, didn't think it was too bad until we looked at the Internet the next day and 'Hostelworld' had it at 36€ and the own website for the hostel advertised it at 40€. We brought this to her attention and she refused to give us the refund and she admitted to deliberately overcharging us, then refused to speak English anymore.

The rooms are unclean small and they smell.

There is one bathroom per floor which 7 bedrooms are meant to share.

They charge 4€ to use the wifi, and it only works in the reception next to the she devil and cat smell.

The woman has her 14 year old son working a minimum 12 hour days. As I saw him cleaning the terrace at 8am, cleaning rooms all day, then serving at reception in the afternoon up until 10pm. Slave labour!

Do not stay at this hostel for any reason.

• Stayed: August 2012
9  Thank Evs214
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Pension Aduar,

What can I say? First of all, the location isnt bad at all. Located in the old town, near the beach. But the pension smells like cat urine all over. It's hard to even breath. The sheets were dirty so we had to ask for new ones. The owners speak poor english, but do speak kind of Spanish. They let their 13 year old son clean the rooms (child labor).

There are residents living in the pension, some of them are completely insane. The guy next to us came walking into our rooms. We wanted to leave one day earlier because we didn;t feel save, we couldnt open the windows nor door, eventough it was so hot.

After having a crazy conversation with the owner she didnt give us our money back but we decided to leave anyhow, since we couldnt stay there any longer.

Summary: The service is really bad, often no hot water, crazy people living there, cat urine smell all over the place. And I can go on for minutes...

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Vivalasvacaciones
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Stayed at this small B&B in October 2009 in room 12.

Checked in around mid-day and found a cat on one of the beds.
Walk-in shower very very very small, and, for this reason and also curtains not working properly, you would get water all over the bathroom and bedroom floors.
TV didn't work well.

If you are looking for Marbella Town Centre, it is a good location (also about 10 min walk from the beach), however a bit far from Puerto Banus (where most of the clubs, bars, etc are).

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple