“Very good”
Review of El lago

El lago
Reserve with
El lago is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 1,454 Restaurants in Marbella
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had this resturant recommended by a gof pro. El lago is located tougether with Greenlif Golf Cours.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

As we road many comments in Trip Advisor, we thought to find a very pleasant restaurant for dinner.
Our first impression about the interior was that it was tasteless . The food was also not really what we expected . The service was very friendly . For us it was not worth the long trip from Marbella Club to the Elviria Hills.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had this restaurant recommended by a member of staff at our hotel, lovely restaurant overlooking the floodlight lake, we took drinks outside in February. Then took the tasting gourme menu nine fantastic courses including three desserts. The staff were extremely knowledgable and this restaurant made a very average otherwise culinary experience in marbella district one to remember.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have visited this restaurant at least 6 times over the past few years.. The food has always been excellent with first class service in line with its Michelin star rating. This time the food was really not as good as usual - I actually had to send one disg=h back to the kitchen as it was rendered inedible by its extreme saltiness.. I hope that this was a one-off.. In the past I have always given it a 5* rating...

Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is not a negative review just a more measured one that previous that ive read.

My first trip to a Michelin starred restaurant outside of the UK.

I have to say I was impressed with the small intimate surroundings.
The entrance to the restaurant which hides the diners behind a wooden curved wall is excellent

Service was excellent we found throughout the time at the restaurant

My partner was ready to have the Nuevo tasting menu but we ended up having the classic tasting menu as it sounded nicer.

I’ve included shots of each of the dishes – something I don’t normally due but I’d had a glass of cava and was feeling merry !

To start with the layered chicken and foie gras
To be honest – a disappointment the – the foie gras over powered the chicken which didn’t really add anything to the dish
Nice presented as almost slices of cake or finger sandwiches.

Smoked Salmon Tartar
I loved the look of this and really liked the taste. But really not too hard to do as you just had to get fresh salmon.

Grilled octopus
WOW – I’ve never actually had such a large piece of Octopus – to some used to it – it’s probably a small piece but I was very happy to say that I was really tasting octopus for the first time – I’ve had it before but never served where it was the star..
Over salted for my taste but that’s a Spanish trait with a lot of their food – so more a cultural thing than a taste thing.
The octopus was tender – excellently cooked – and so meaty.
The creamed potato was delicious.

Marinated Iberian pork – a nice dish – the pork was nice but really not singing.

Creamy chocolate bitter hazelnuts and caramel
This was nice – but again it just really ended up like a three flavours of chocolate ice cream of which it was no better…

I forgot to mention we had the complimentary wines with the meal and as my partner was driving they allowed us to share one set of wines between us.
They were very generous in the portions of wine – even though we were sharing – and I was most appreciative of the wine
The local Malaga wine we had for the starters was delicious – fruity white – and so much so I bought a bottle after the meal from the restaurant.

All in 52 euros pp and 19 euros for the accompanying wine

I thought it was a good deal
However let’s be frank – none of the dishes sang or offered a wow – certainly not Michelin starred standard anymore.
We both were left under-whelmed by the experience and felt we wouldn’t need to come back to the restaurant

I enjoyed the service was great – it even managed to stay good even when it got busy.

I would recommend this restaurant but don’t expect a wow experience.

Good restaurants that are classy and well thought pan European menus are hard to find.

I could see myself coming back here in summer months for the view [out on decking]

2  Thank MoOriginal