Hotel Claude Marbella
  • Breakfast included
El Rodeo(Marbella)
Hotel Baviera(Marbella)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsboutique hotelroof terraceold townsmall hotelrecommend hotelbeautiful hotelwelcome drinkmolton brown toiletrieshome away from homememorable stayexcellent breakfastwe loved our stayorange squashfresh fruiteach morningperfect locationbreakfast is served
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Style and Luxury are words overused too often in the travel industry. The Hotel Claude has more to offer on the subject than just talk. This is a beautifully styled, seven bedroom historical hotel located in the heart of Old Town Marbella. It is so special, that I hesitate to tell anyone about it except very good friends. As other have said, the staff at Hotel Claude have a casual way of making you feel like the only guests in town. Take every recommendation they give you. I suspect that there is nothing that they would not or could not do for their guests. Nothing is too rushed or too much to ask, but every detail has been thoughtfully handled anyway and you just feel special. The bed and bedding are in a league of their own and that really does count. The lower level has a beautiful wishing well and intimate gathering areas all of which are covered by an atrium that allows natural light to highlight the restored features of the floors above. There is a roof-top escape that offers private, modest view of hills and sea and it is the perfect place to start your day or end your night. I would be willing to bet that this hotel and its' staff hold many secrets. If you are looking for a hint of well known guests past, you won't find it - but be sure, they are there. Hotel Claude is the secret of Marbella.

Room Tip: It's all about the bed, and Hotel Claude knows how to please. Best bedding for comfort and style.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We brought a group to play golf for several days in the area and we all stayed at Hotel Claude. By time we left, we felt like family to the owner and staff ! From the moment we arrive, we were treated like royalty! All of our group felt the same. The decor, the amenities, the service, the above-and-beyond service was the best we've had anywhere! We arranged to have a private last night dinner there and the food was outstanding, the service was exceptional. In the evening when we came in, we could go up on the top terrace for after dinner drinks and conversation. It was lovely! This hotel is a must if you like quality, good pricing, and exceptional service.

Room Tip: Each room is appointed differently and uniquely. Let them know what you need and they will suggest the right room for you.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Claude from April 23rd – May 3rd , and had a wonderful experience. The hotel really made our stay in Marbella and if I ever revisit Marbella, I wouldn’t consider staying anywhere else. I generally don’t write reviews of places I’ve stayed, but felt compelled given our experience here. The service was exceptional, the staff personable, & everyone was always willing to help. You could tell that they wanted you to enjoy your stay not only at the hotel, but in Marbella. We’ve stayed in nice hotels both large and small, & we both left feeling that Claude was the best place we’ve ever stayed. The service is unparalleled. Desi, Maria, and Stelian were amazing. They were nice, sincere, and always willing to help however they could. Just a few examples of this include: 1) Desi offering to come and pick us up at the hotel on her day off & drive us to the bus station for an overnight trip to Granada. 2) When we were on our overnight trip to Granada, the restaurant where my wife reserved a table for my 40th birthday celebration unexpectedly closed, subsequently notifying the hotel. While we were away, Maria and Stelian called numerous restaurants in Marbella to find other available options. Upon our return from Granada, Stelian sat down with us and went over the menus and ultimately helped us secure a table at Garum, where we had a great dinner and unforgettable experience. 3) I accidentally cut my leg and my jeans got stained, & Maria and the cleaning lady made sure they got to the laundry down the street and returned to me that same night. 4) Desi notified us early in our stay that if we wished, a larger room had become available, & they would upgrade us for free if we wished to move, and would take care of moving our stuff for us. While we declined the offer, we’ve never stayed at any other hotel that offered to do this. In addition, the cleaning lady left our room impeccable on a daily basis.
The hotel itself has 7 rooms, I believe, and is beautiful inside and tastefully decorated. They have a really nice outdoor terrace where you can have eat your breakfast or have drinks. The hotel offers breakfast every morning from 8-12. The breakfast was outstanding. There is fresh baked bread, croissants, an array of fruit, salmon, and Maria would also cook eggs for you if you wished. Maria generally prepared breakfast each morning, and really made it a nice experience (She also recommended La Barca, a great place for Paella by the sea). There were a couple of mornings when we needed to leave the hotel prior to 8am, and the staff always accommodated us and made sure we had breakfast before we left. The hotel also offers a membership to the O2 Spa and health club, which is probably a 15 minute walk or so from the hotel. This was a nice facility and great amenity.
At checkout, Desi provided us with a bottle of wine from her mother’s vineyard. It was a very nice gesture, and a great way to wrap up our trip. I’d highly recommend Hotel Claude if you’re in Marbella.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel Claude M, Propietario at Hotel Claude Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our property and that you felt taken care of by our team.
I´d also like to thank you about your compliments about the interior decoration and that you thought the service was exceptional.

I am so pleased to hear your praise about our lovely staff (which I will pass on to them). They were delighted to have such a happy and grateful couple around.

Wishing you all the very best,

F.-J. Willmes
Owner Hotel Claude Marbella

Reviewed May 6, 2013

There are oodles of hotels and golf resorts in Marbella. I have seen many of them, and this one, has the perfect charm an intelligent traveller will thoroughly find a blessing.
Clean, (Important for a Canadian like me;)
Delicious and plentiful breakfast. A variety of fresh local and exotic fruit, rightly roasted coffee beans. The chef and service with a genuine smile.
Location: Um, the building itself-a central plaza for natural sunlight to shine through the centre of the building.
A rooftop terrace that will have your near sunrise breakfast, with a view that will tell its own story.
Proximity to many of the most excellent eating establishments en la costa~winding walk ways, a part of the old town.
Churches~the local virgin, the church of the 'love of God'.-
Service superb~

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jeremy R
Hotel Claude M, Director General at Hotel Claude Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review.

Best wishes,

Désirée Willmes
General Manager Hotel Claude Marbella

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Claude for 1 week in April. From the moment we arrived we experienced excellent service. The team at Hotel Claude are fantastic, always happy to help. Breakfast is great, especially if you get the opportunity to eat on the rooftop. We were upgraded half way through our stay to the Francesca suite, truly amazing & cannot fault anything during our stay. Great location in old town Marbella, high class service & fantastic team! Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013