“Great stay thanks!”

Ranked #25 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Great stay thanks!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel is charming and for that alone alone it gets the max score. Not the highest spec or even particularly convenient for Marbella, but it didn't matter. It's certainly the kind of hotel you can stay in and hang around all day. The lady that runs it is lovely and the place has a great homely feel about it. Not what we expected at all! The decor is artsy and the sitting room packed with books on design, food, travel and art. Not your average generic Euro hotel by a long way. Breakfast was more than adequate. We'd go back if there weren't all those other places to visit.

Room Tip: Hard to say - they're all so different
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited in June and stayed 4 nights in cottage Alexandra, a great spot for privacy at the foot of the house's garden. The photos on the internet represent well the quality and atmosphere of the rooms and gardens, pool is also lovely.
Parking was easy outside on the road and there were restaurants about a 15min walk away - easy going there as downhill but quite a climb coming back. We decided to get taxis though into Marbella old town in the evenings or head to puente Romano hotel and their amazing Italian restaurant serafina, taxi to both places costs about 8-10 euros each way, a bit more if you ask for them to pick you up from the b&b (cheaper to flag once you've walked down to the main highway).
Our cottage was lovely, nice furnishings and lovely outside terrace and eating area. Breakfast up at the house was nice, nothing extraordinary but typical b&b standard. Fridge in room allows you to stock up on lunch snacks and drinks from the local supermarket at the bottom of the hill.
Would definitely revisit if returning to Marbella!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Emma W
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were embarking on our first ever trip to Marbella for a friends wedding and really did not want to stay in one of the bland McHotels that seemed so much like everywhere else on Costa Del Sol- so it has been with absolute delight that we stumbled upon the delight Casa La Concha. This absolutely is the place to go for if you want quiet, seclusion and a moment to kick back privately away from the sparkly glitz of marbella's main seafront area.
Tucked away hillside about 20 minutes walk from the sea, casa la concha just felt utterly charming. Like being taken into the home of a very chic yet laidback proprietor- everything struck the right note. Owner, Marie-Helene oversees all and it is lovely to have this charmin woman on hand for advice on all the right and cool things to do in Marbella! We thought about doing lots, but the pool and the extensive grounds the house is set in were more than enough for us!
Breakfast is served in a lovely courtyards area, there's a baby grand piano in the house if you fancy tinkling the ivories or just raid the DVD library for a cosy night in. Try to get one of the bungalow towards the front of the property- with their own private patios and lovely living rooms- it's like having your own little marbellan cottage. Couldn't faulty anything about this place. Well done!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank jayester74
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Me and my wife enjoyed the wonderful confort and beauty of Natalia cottage in Casa La Concha!
Amazing decorations (Provance style), beautiful pool area, with baldachin beds all over, lots of relaxation spots and the staff are really nice and helpful.

We found Casa la Concha to be really great positioned, 3 minutes to the high-way and 8 minutes or so to the Old Town in Marbella.

We really really recommend it! We had a wonderful time at Casa la Concha!

• Stayed June 2014
Paris, France
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I has a wonderful stay at Casa La Concha in May 2014. I stayed for 2 nights and was immediately charmed by the beautiful natural settings and garden, the tastefully decorated house and the warmth of the french owner Marie-Helene and the adorable staff. I had booked room Olivier which was big and really comfortable. Early may is a quiet period so I had the pool ( big pool) almost to myself. The garden is wide and lovely, with asian style canopy beds here and there to relax, the guest house cottages and a charming bird house full of lively parrots...
I can only highly recommend Casa La Concha, it's the perfect place for tourists who are looking for tasteful authenticity and character, a quiet, relaxing place. The prices are really reasonable.
Casa la Concha feels like a home away from home and can be the perfect "base camp" to explore the rest of Andalusia. I will surely come back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 27, 2014

A home away from home. Casa la Concha is a dream location, where the rooms, cottages and gardens are a paradise of relaxation, tranquility and picturesque beauty.

We booked ‘Michelle,” in which a cottage that is located at the front of the house itself. The cottage is extremely well decorated and clearly illustrated Marie-Helene’s skills as an excellent interior designer. The cottage is well sized for two people with two big lounge chairs and a very comfortable bed; together with a huge bathroom and a spacious shower with decorative Spanish floor tiles and two washbasins for those him and her moments. Kettle and fridge were also provided.

A separate courtyard exists providing guests with quiets moments. Three of the other cottages are situated at the side or end of garden. These are hidden by the palm trees and orange trees, but also have their own areas to sit and relax.

The house has a great garden with ample sun loungers and an well sized pool for the guests staying either at one of the five cottages and the four rooms in the house. The garden had two double bed four-poster sun loungers for romantic moments. As well as a nice patio, where you can sit and relax, while viewing the greenery of the garden.

While staying at Casa la Concha, we felt we could truly relax. The breakfast was excellent and offered lots of good quality choice from Spanish ham and cheese, tresh baguette and toast with various jams, yogurts and fruit. Various teas, were available, as well as PG tips for those “english guests” including freshly squeezed orange juice.

Casa la Concha is an ideal location as a base for visiting nearby sightseeing locations, such as Ronda, Malaga, Puerto Buenos, Tarifa and the Alhambra in Granada. For those wishing to visit the Alhambra, we would recommend that you book well in advance of your visit. We would like to thank Sabrina for recommending Tarifa, as it is only an hour’s drive from Marbella and has a hippie atmosphere of relaxation and fun with a long beach of yellow soft sand. The coastline of great for kite surfers and for those who enjoy watching over a cool drink.

We would like to thank both Sabrina and Doris for making our visit extremely enjoyable.

Room Tip: We loved Michelle of its location of seclusion and tranquility.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TallandSporty
London
Reviewed January 19, 2014

From the moment I came across this place online, I truly believed I would love it! The whole idea of staying in a Spanish Hacienda that looked down over the ocean with little bungalows in the gardens really appealed to me. I thought the pictures on the website looked lovely and once I had booked I was genuinely excited to visit and see this place for myself. The first thing I will mention in my review of Casa La Concha is that I don’t believe it is a “hotel” as such. It is definitely more of a bed and breakfast in my opinion. We arrived late on the Friday evening and the owner was there to meet us and even offered us some food as we mentioned we hadn’t had dinner yet and due to the location of the hotel she advised finding a restaurant at that hour may be difficult. This I thought was so generous of her and we really appreciated it! From that night onwards I didn’t see her much at all though to be honest. It’s not that we needed to see a lot of her but occasionally we were looking to see if somebody could call us a cab or recommend a restaurant for dinner and the only person we could find was the housekeeper who spoke very limited English.

My partner and I both got the feeling that this place had the potential to be great and one day probably was but it all seemed like everything had been let slip a bit. The breakfast was pretty standard not a huge selection and the gardens out the back were not as neat and tidy as they could have been. In one of the back corners it looked like at some stage there was plans to build another cottage as ground was cleared etc. but then had just been left (it looked like it had been left for a while) and right next to our cottage there was a whole heap of rubbish/building materials left out in the open (these really should be in a shed out of the sight of guests in our opinion, especially if the idea is for people to sit and relax in the gardens). In saying this we stayed in cottage Valeria and it was nicely furnished inside and had a bedroom area with sitting area and a nice little private courtyard. We also loved to sit on the terrace of the main house in the evening and have a drink as the sun set over the ocean. Something you need to be aware of is that the location is a little bit remote – it’s a half an hour walk down to the beach/nearest restaurants and the hill is quite steep getting back up. This was not a problem at all for my partner and I as we quite enjoyed a walk during the day and were happy to get a cab into Marbella old town at night – there are some lovely restaurants to visit in the Old Town for dinner. In my opinion this is a nice bed and breakfast type of property, in all honestly it probably is slightly overpriced given the points I have raised in the review though. If these things were addressed I would say the rates they are charging are more or less worth it.

Room Tip: We would opt for one of the garden cottages rather than a room in the main house.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple