“Fantastic position... ”

Gran Hotel Guadalpin Banus
Ranked #19 of 69 Hotels in Marbella
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Right on the beach. We went for a Junior Suite as it wasn't that much more and loved it because it was spacious, comfortable, and clean. The suites terrace was nearly as big as the suite! Would definitely go there again

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Palina10

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I went to this hotel for a weeks holiday and it was so fabulous I've been back since then and I just wanted to share my experience. The staff are so lovely and friendly and serve great food on the breakfast buffet and for lunch and dinner also a good variety in food. The hotel is right on the beach which is perfect for its breathtaking views from the hotel. The rooms are immaculate and very modern/stylish. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk away from Puerto Bantus or taxis are always outside the hotel or staff will call one out for you. If your looking for a luxury relaxing break then this is definitely the place to be or even a luxury clubbing holiday great for expensive designer shopping! Also fantastic range of restaurants and beach clubs within 5-10 minute walks.

Room Tip: The standard suites are great if you don't want to be in the room a lot but the highest level ro...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HayleyLouu
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This hotel was everything we expected and more. The Banus suite was excellent with stunning views from all windows and a beautiful terrace to relax in the evenings. The hotel is a little off the beaten track but is really only a 15 minute walk into Puerto Banus. Taxis were available at the hotel entrance if needed but we the walk by the sea is fabulous!!!! The suite was very clean and the staff efficient. I would return again to this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose the Banus Suite for an awesome view of the Mediterranean Sea. We had originally booked a Juni...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Grettak2009
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I went to this hotel for a weeks holiday I had read all the reviews good and bad and generally I don't write reviews often unless I'm really impressed, I don't bother saying anything bad as I find it very unnecessary. I arrived late one Tuesday evening and was shown to my room, it was a regular double and I asked of they had a different one as I wanted to see the sea if possible, that was no problem at all for them so they showed me a different room, unfortunately that room Had a big bush blocking the view!!! So I asked for another!!! Juan the man at reception could not have been nicer, he was really accommodating and offered me an upgrade to a suite and showed me to the room.. Well it was fabulous!!! And not too much more expensive. So I was delighted!! I could see the sea and the pool and my room and a bedroom and a huge living room and terrace. I cannot stress enough how amazing Juan at the desk was, throughout my weeks stay he was so lovely and helpful and really made my stay very enjoyable. The breakfast was included and was fabulous. All the staff were so friendly and nice at breakfast and Jose Antonio the restaurant manager was also so nice and accommodating. This hotel has a great location right on the beach with a lovely short stroll along the promenade to Peurto Banus. Thank you all the staff for a fabulous stay at your hotel. The owners should be very proud of their super staff :)

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sweetie P
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 10 years and keep coming back mainly because of the great situation, being able to walk to Puerto Banus and be on the beach in seconds! The hotel seemed to have improved slightly with new sun loungers by the pool and some painting being done to the woodwork around the Hotel.
There wasn't much of a warm welcome from the lady at reception when we arrived and everything we asked for wasn't possible! The staff are perfectly pleasant when you need something, bringing cases up to the room, getting more pillows etc, but really for the standard of hotel there isn't really any SERVICE and there are lots of tatty areas, around the grounds and in the rooms.
The breakfasts are good with a very friendly face from the lady at the Egg station each morning and plenty choices of food.
This hotel could be amazing if someone managed it properly and smartened it up - the area is so good, many hotels would give a lot for the location without any roads to cross etc to get to the beach...
We left the hotel at the end of ur week, pulling cases and bags - but not one of the staff behind Reception even raised their heads to say goodbye or ask if we'd had a good stay!
Says it all really!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank scotsgourmet
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Polite and helpful staff, especially the lady in the sports bar. Our room was very small and dated we had to stand back to pass each other. Chipped furniture and cigarette burn hole in the drapes. Terrace door had broken lock so we were unable to secure. Shower head was the wrong fitting for the shower and so water leaked everywhere. Glass shower frame was a bad fit and again water leaked everywhere. Towels were thin and balding. Whilst there was a dressing gown in the room no slippers were available, Room appeared to have been stocked for one as the toiletries were very limited and did not include cotton make up removal pads nor cotton buds all the touches you would expect from a 5 star. Hotel managers should endeavour to stay overnight in a selection of rooms to experience things from the guest stance.On checking out I gave a list of the numerous maintenance issues to reception. I was advised I should have notified them earlier and it would have been addressed but as we were only staying one night and the list of maintenance requirements was quite lengthy I did not see the point. Guests should not have to bring these type of issues to the attention of the staff certainly not in what is listed as a 5 star hotel. The final straw was at check out when was I was advised that there was a breakfast charge pending we did not have breakfast and I had to wait whilst this was being checked out presumably with the restaurant. Whilst waiting there was a couple checking in and I guessed from the questions being asked their expectation of the Hotel on arrival was the same as mine had been. They were allocated their room and I was not surprised when they re appeared within a short space of time luggage in tow requesting a room change.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank annette s
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We went there for a little week away after a friend had recommended the hotel to us. We had a Junior Superior suite, with a sea/pool view. This was nice, lots of space on the balcony, settees, tables and chairs, and the same inside with a little kitchen. I agree with some previous posters, it would be definitely worth upgrading to the deluxe suites with the roof terraces - to maximize the amount of sunshine falling on your balcony.

The staff at the desk are very helpful and friendly, if you ask for something for the room, kettles, bottle opener etc, they arrive at your door in minutes. The food in the restaurant is lovely, and much better than the food at the restaurants at the front of the port, but not when you go down for breakfast. At breakfast you get the choice of continental breakfast or an egg station, which is good, and then you have sausages, beans, fatty bacon and grilled tomato - these were sometimes cold - I think the breakfast gave a poor impression of how good the restaurant really is.

If we go back to Puerto Banus I would not hesitate in booking the same hotel again, we walked into the port along the beach boardwalk each night and there didn't seem to be any strong competition at all. This hotel looks nice and the staff are great!

Room Tip: I would ask for a pool/sea view, as some of the rooms on the outside will just be facing other hotel...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple