“Would recommend to anyone!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hostal Berlin

Hostal Berlin
Ranked #42 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Would recommend to anyone!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My bridesmaids and I are just home from a 3 night stay here and could not have been happier with the accommodation. We were looking for somewhere cheap for a last minute break before my wedding. For the money the place is better than you could imagine and also the friendly and helpful service we received was a definite highlight for us. We had a 2 and 3 person room which had plenty of space for our requirements, our towels were refreshed daily and the place was spotless. It is up a lovely wee pedestrian street in the old town and the beach is no more than 5 minutes away. The Hostal owners gave us great food recommendations and allowed us to eat somewhere different every night, off the beaten track from the usual tourist spots. I would stay there again if I was to go back to Marbella and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Just returned from 8 days in this very nice guest house. Immediately I arrived I was offered choice of 2 rooms. I was very happy with my choice which had a balcony overlooking the pedestrian only street. It was a bit cold in the evenings but I need not have worried as there was a very efficient electric radiator provided and always extra blankets.. The family who owned the hostal made me feel very welcome. The whole establishment was absolutely spotlessly clean too.The position could not have been better, just on the edge of the old town and close to the seafront. A special thanks to Ximena who always had time for a chat and spoke perfect English. There was no English TV on the flat screen TV in the bedroom but you could always watch English BBC news in the downstairs area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank alan_226_12
HOSTALBERLIN, Propietario at Hostal Berlin, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
thanks so much Alan for your review!!, we appreciate also the lovely talks we had and wish you the best, you are welcome any time! best regards
Ximena
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I spent three nights in this Hostal & I will say that the accommodation, for the price, exceeded my expectations by at least double. I was travelling alone so had a single room ensuite. The room was spotlessly clean and the bed & linen was extremely comfortable. I had three great nights sleep. I had fresh towells each day and the room was cleaned each day to the same standard as when I arrived. The staff were amazingly helpful and polite & helped me to the extreme even when I had a small problem with a Taxi journey. The location is perfect. Just accross from the beach and right next to the Old Town. If I return to Marbella I won't even consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Simon T
Dear Simon, thanks so much for your review, we are pleased also meeting you, we welcome you back anytime and wish you all the best

regards
Ximena
Salford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed in hostal Berlin last week and had a great stay.
The staff were friendly and helpful, with always a smile on their face.
The location is ideal, it's close to local shops and 5 minutes away from the beach.
Our room was clean and had its own bathroom which is really nice for an hostel, the shower is a little small and their dog barks a lot in the morning but overall we really enjoyed staying in hostal Berlin, a good quality price hostel.
I'll recommend it to friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Nutty_Squirrel678
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights of a long weekend trip I took with my sister in May. We stayed in another boutique hotel on the same street for our 1st two nights before deciding to stay on an extra two nights last minutes but we needed somewhere cheaper so we popped into this Hostal and asked to view a room if their was one available. They luckily had 4 available and let us look at them all before choosing. The staff were so helpful and friendly. We could not believe the value for money in this Hostal, it really is of hotel standard!
The rooms are not fancy but are well equipped, clean and comfortable. I notice other people found the shower small but to us it was standard European size and did us just fine. The location of thus hotel is fabulous a 5min walk to the beach, old town, plenty of shops,bars and restaurants and a short taxi journey to Peurto Banus.
The breakfast was really tasty too and only €3 each I think! We are planning to return here with friends next year. It definitely opened my eyes to staying in a Hostal!

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Lynny64
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I spent 2 nights at the hostel with two friends in a triple room. The room wasn't too big but it had its own bathroom. Room was equiped with AC which is very important during the summer in Marbella. The best thing of this hostel is the location in Marbella city center.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Rene S
Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed only one night in this hostel but I can say that it was very clean and comfortable. You don't expect much from hostel, but this was a pleasant surprise. We had private rooms with toilet and shower, there were even bath amenities. The beds were comfortable. In the morning we had a good continental breakfast for 5 EUR, which is a great price for the variety that we got. The owners very very helpful and advised us the places we can eat. Overall, it's a good hotel for short stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends