“Beautiful little place with very friendly owners!”

Hotel-Apartamentos Puerta de Aduares
Ranked #32 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Santa Rosa, California
“Beautiful little place with very friendly owners!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My family and I sayed at Puerta de Aduares for two nights in Marbella. Earlier in the day we had stopped in Arcos de la Frontera and Ronda, respectively, and got a little behind on our time - arriving after the 10 pm deadline to check in. The owners, Jose and Dori, called to check in with us and stayed open late to check us in, all while taking the time to point out all their favorite locations on the map and make sure we were well-situated. I don't know how much of this is owed to the fact that we had called earlier to let them know we might be getting in on the later side, but I was still impressed with the way they exuded warmth and hospitality.

The apartments themselves were beautifully decorated - ours had two bedrooms and a living room/kitchenette to which the bathroom was attached. It was cozy to say the least, but even with four people it never felt cramped. In the heart of old town, restaurants and shops are easily walkable, and it was only 7-10 minutes' walk to the beach. My only minor gripe was that the internet password only allowed for one device at a time to be logged on. It really wasn't a problem, and the owners ended up giving us another password for the building across the way, but it bears mentioning if you plan on sharing an apartment with a business colleague and you both need to be on computers at the same time.

Overall I found Puente de Aduares to be a lovely place to stay with fantastically friendly owners. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Finnish first
Bovingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had a family suite which comfortably housed our family of four at a cost-effective rate. The old town location means you are 5 minutes from a wide range of restaurants in the many squares and you are 10 minutes from the beach. However the apartment was let down by a shower that wet everything but you (which only needed a new shower head that I was really tempted to buy and fix myself) and a sink that didn't hold water. The biggest issue was the fact that the apartment overlooked an alley where all the local drunks hang out - which meant you were unable to sleep because of the shouting (luckily my kids don't know many Spanish swear words). In the morning when you opened the windows there was an odour of stale urine from the street below. I would recommend having a look at other locations in old Marbella before booking this one.

Room Tip: Avoid the apartments in the block opposite the main hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Burywood
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Doris and Jose are delightful - full of information (travel/where to go etc) before and during your trip. We stayed (three girls) in room 8, which was an apartment with a twin bed bedroom and further bed in the living area. There is a small well equipped kitchen, air con in the bedroom and living area and lovely roof terrace - fantastic for breakfast (plenty of bakeries/supermarkets around) or an early evening drink. All very comfortable. We really liked staying in the town - lots of atmosphere and it is such a pretty little town. A taxi to then take you to Puerto Banus (for beach clubs or partying) or Nikki Beach is around 15 EUR (10-15 minutes drive). There is a town beach next to the old town but we much preferred the beach at Nikki Beach and thought it was worth the taxi fare. Convenient to get to from the bus station - 5 minutes in a taxi (approx 7-8 EUR fare). Basically, the apartment was comfortable and had everything we needed - including charming hosts.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Idaho
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is almost a carbon copy of the review that I posted on booking.com; i corrected a couple of errors that I made from my cel phone. The crux of it is the same.... great location, great value, great people!

This apartment is very clean. A sweet bedroom with a very good mattress and good linens. The people who run it,a husband and wife and even a very polite son are really there for any help. Everything they told me was perfect advice. The location really is even More Perfect than I anticipated. I was looking for relaxing beach place, safe and where I wouldn't need a car. This apartment is the best maintained on a beautiful quiet little street right on the middle of the old town and just maybe 5/10 minutes walk to the beach, then at night lots of great local kind of places to eat tapas. I was able to see in two other apartments, the studio on the second floor was good sized and also cute,I think a little cheaper than the apartment I had on the main floor. I really would have been fine with either but liked having a separate bedroom. The really nice one, i'm sure is more expensive but will be worth whatever price they decide to ask,I think they call the Bougainvillea suite. That's the one I want next. Over 3 floors, Very romantic looking but I would not hesitate to book it by myself or with a freind. I am already talking to some friends about going back next summer for more time. This is not luxury but clean quality location and real people who really care.

Room Tip: Go for the Bougainvillea suite if it's available, but really I'd be happy with any of these...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We had a spacious studio apartment on the ground floor with a small kitchenette. The room was a little outdated, but that was part of the charm. Hotel owners were really lovely and helpful. Great location in the Old town - so close to walk to everything. Really quiet at night / early morning also because of the great shutters which accompany the windows. Would recommend if you're looking for a cheap and cheerful place to stay with a bit more space than a standard hotel room.

Room Tip: Heard the rooms with a terrace are great so choose one of those if available.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
County Clare
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We have just returned from a week long stay at the beautiful Puerta de Aduares in Marbella Old town. The suite is just beautiful and very romantic with a beautiful roof top terrace.The accomodation is in the perfect location close to the shops,restaurants and the beach. Jose and Doris were the perfect hosts and had great advice on where to visit and where to eat etc.They were extremely helpful and ensured our stay was very comfortable.I would thoroughly recommend staying in this beautiful accommodation.

Room Tip: the suite is very romantic,perfect for honeymooners and people wanting a peacful holiday
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We were really glad to have found these apartments. Our apartment looked like a small, comfortable Spanish home with plenty of wooden furniture and fittings, comfy sofas and walls painted in traditional deep ochre colours to add to the ambience. We slept really well in what was a spacious bedroom and, with a kitchenette and fridge, could please ourselves in terms of breakfasts and cups of tea. Moreover, the apartment was spotlessly clean (and cleaned each day). There was also internet access - which made getting on with some necessary domestic chores all the more easy - and a small digital TV and air con.

From the moment we checked in the proprietess, Doris, was very friendly, quick to help, informative and professional; and importantly, for us, speaks very good English.

Finally, in terms of location, it couldn't have been any better: within a few seconds walk we were amongst the restaurants and boutique shops in the pedestrianised streets of the Old Town to enjoy a night out; and during the day we found it was only a few minutes to walk to the beach. So, no car needed.

We would definitely stay there again and can thoroughly recommend it for anyone wanting to make the most of Marbella's Old Town.

Room Tip: There is an apartment with a roof terrace, which may be worth asking for if you want to sun yourself...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple