La Villa Marbella
Orbitz.com
$261
$292
$253
Gran Melia Don Pepe(Marbella)
$620
Priceline
$1,180
$1,048
1,585 results
All reviewshis teamold towncourtyard buildingshanghai roomroof terracecharming hoteldifferent buildingsfour poster bednarrow streetssatellite tvsmall hoteltapassmall poolorange squashbeach towelshome from homethe location is perfect
Reviewed July 24, 2007

My husband and I, like many other people, booked La Villa Marbella on the recommendations from other reviewers. We weren't disappointed.
La Villa Marbella is wonderfully located in the old town of Marbella, reached through a warren of picturesque and flower filled narrow streets.
Our arrival was lovely, including a welcome drink on the roof terrace while we selected our breakfast choices.
Our room was so cool with very effective air conditioning and beautifully decorated. We had everything we could possibly want.
Not having been to Marbella before, we asked our kind host Marcos where we shoud eat. Please take his recommendations - the man knows his stuff and we ate like kings in our short 4 night stay. In fact, Marcos is so knowledegable I didn't open my guide book once, we just followed our hand drawn maps and had a great time exploring.
We moved onto Ronda after 4 days but the hotel wasn't a patch on La Villa Marbella. My husband called Marcos and asked if we could come back. Fortunately for us there was room for an extra 2 nights and so we went back! We've never done that before but I guess it goes to show that we were VERY happy and we will certainly be going back.
Thank you Marcos for making our holiday very special and also introducing us to some great new friends.

2  Thank kay_mck
Reviewed July 22, 2007

My husband and I had five perfect days at La Villa Marbella. With first class service and accommodation, a wonderful and generous breakfast, perfect tips on where to eat, drink and shop, travel and day trip advice and a happy and fun atmosphere we wouldn't hesitate to recommend this fabulous hotel and its proficient and accommodating staff. We thank Marco and his team at La Villa and Marbella Heights for their attentiveness and effort, congratulate them on creating a true gem and wish them the very best in all future ventures.

1  Thank HMKP
Reviewed July 20, 2007

This review should have been up months ago but time got away from me. We stayed at Marcos's place for the first four days of our honeymoon around Spain and it was by far the highlight of our trip. As people mention it does not come with a pool or a fancy garden but what it does home with is charm and a level of kindness that you will never find in a four or five star hotel. The town is something out of a storybook and the places that Marcos recommends to you are where the locals hang out. We enjoyed feeling like we could just relax and not be one of 1,000 people in a big cold resort. Marcos and staff were amazing just take time out of your morning to sit down with him and hear his life story, and all of the work that went into building the hotel he is so full of life and truly loves making people happy. Our room was great and my husband still talks about the happy hour that Marcos does at night on the roof deck we loved it! One review talks about how it is not worth your money, hands down it is! The level of service and the special experience that you are going to have can't come at a big hotel price. One thing I will never forget is the first night Marcos left a box of chocolate and a bottle of wine with a little note from the staff it really made our honeymoon seem special! Marcos thanks for the wonderful honeymoon we will be back!!!

Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank SFGirl02
Reviewed July 20, 2007

We stayed at LVM in July 2007.

Old Town Marbella is a delight, with great architecture and cultural history. Orange Square is really pretty. We ate in some fantastic restaurants and would certainly return to the area.

In terms of LVM we would say that it would more approrpriately be described as an overpriced B&B. We had booked the Boracay Room, the most expensive option. The room was very small, so I guess a less expensive room would be tiny.

There are no communal or social areas at LVM except a tiny roof terrace. This is only staffed during breakfast and for an hour or so in the evenings between 7 and 9am. In any case, the roof terrace has no bar or facilities so it becomes boring to sit up there for the sake of it if you want to get away from your small bedroom. There was usually only one member of staff on the premises during our stay; they didn't speak fluent English and we didn't speak Spanish.

We thought we had booked a small and charming hotel experience with good service but LVM would be more approrpiately described as an understaffed and overpriced B&B. Unless you have money to throw away I would book alternative accommodation.

10  Thank PMHeavens
MANAGERLAVILLA, Owner at La Villa Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2007

Dear Guests ,

The main feature of our Boutique Hotel , beside the fantastic location , the quality of our rooms and equipment, is to rely on the quality and dedication of our service. We love what we do. We are a team of 4 housekeepers, 1 maintenance, 1 gardener, 5 receptionists and myself. 12 people to take proudly care of 9 rooms , which makes a big ration staff/room on this industry and not an understaffed place. Myself , I am always involved on the operation , but above all , on the well being of our guests. Everyone of my guests must be happy , well treated , cared and recognize. It is not negotiable for me another issue and of course, I take very seriously this sad review.

We are located on a 156 years old house , a gorgeous and beautiful place where we , simply because of the nature of our house and the old town , cannot sell quantity , because of its physical aspect , but we do have a tremendous charm , quality , authenticity and again , and above all , the most caring service.

Room Boracay is a gorgeous , well equipped and beautifully decorated room. For the old town aspect it is a spacious room and it has very very spacious bath room and carries all the equipment that can be displayed in a 5 star hotel. Our terrace has 70 sqm2 , has tremendous beautiful views of the mountains and can accommodate , comfortably up to 14 people on the breakfast. It is NOT a tiny terrace , but a spacious a beautiful social area , where every night
we share with our guests a friendly happy hour drink before their dinner , talk about the day and the plans for their next morning.
There, many guests become friends of each other and most of the times they even find themselves sharing a table in one of the beautiful restaurants located in the old town.
It is another highlight of our place.
What intrigues me the most , is to check on my July entrances of Boracay Room and
not find by any means , any guest from Norwich.
A delightful and happy couple of Marlow , 2 couples from Spain , 1 couple
from Newmarket ( on which arrived as guests and left as my friends ) and
a couple from Chicago ( US ) who are still here spending a long 12 days
honeymoon with us. I honnestely cannot see , after such kind guests staying here,
who could be unhappy.
We are sad , will accept as well our failures when it does happen , but the above review
is unfair and does not reflect the reality of our place.
We take this as an extra motivation and make sure the coming guests will
experience , even more , a fantastic time with us.

Marcos Torres
La Villa Marbella

Reviewed July 2, 2007

I stayed at La Villa Marbella for 6 nights in June 2007 and I have nothing but good comments to pass on about my experience there! I must admit, after reading the rave reviews on Trip Advisor, I was somewhat skeptical that the hotel could live up to my expectations, but it managed to surpass every one of them!

The attention to detail was impressive, in terms of both the atmosphere of the hotel as well as with regard to the level of service provided. The hospitality extended from everyone at the hotel was simply remarkable. The room was cozy, clean and well-appointed.

I look forward to my next stay at La Villa Marbella and have whole-heartedly recommended it to friends and family!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Nicole905