“Good Low-cost accommodation”
Review of Hotel Baviera

Hotel Baviera
Ranked #43 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Recently stayed at the hotel with friends for a long weekend. Very clean and good shower facilities. Would recommend. Couldn't accommodate our request on booking to have both rooms together or on the same floor which was a bit disappointing bearing in mind that it was booked 6 months ago. Good location close to the beach and the old town.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Moods74

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed for a week in May,checking in was quick,receptionist very helpful,room very clean and spacious,balcony good size ,views not great,but this is a city centre hotel,shower one of the best I have ever had,rooms cleaned every day,only downside was the noise from other rooms,could here every chair being moved and sometimes conversation during the night,perfect location for beach and old town,I would stay there again

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Fordy2504
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I have just got back from a 3 night stay in habits hotel. On arrival the parking was easy and reception and check in was quick and efficient. We arrived slightly earlier and was still able to check in which was great. The room was very clean, slightly dated if anything but clean non the less. The bathroom did smell slightly musty when we arrived but after leaving the window open e whole stay it was fine. Balcony was a good size, we was looking at the building opposite so not a great view, but we was outside most the time not on the balcony so that was no big deal. Over all a good hotel. Had breakfast one morning, continental sandwich which was nice. We went down the following morning and after sitting there for 15 minutes, with the waiter knowing we were there but not coming to take a drink order or food order or really paying any attention to us we left as we was in a rush. I would stay here again as it was value for money, I think we paid £116 for 3 nights. Overall a good hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Poppy L
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with a friend for a long weekend in late November. The location is great, close to both the beach and Old Town. The hotel and rooms were absolutely immaculate and the room was a generous size. The breakfast was lovely and also generous, including freshly squeezed orange juice. Free wifi is also included. The service in all cases was efficient and friendly. Value for money you can't really beat Hotel Baviera.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank charlep
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Hotel Baviera was clean and efficient! The location is fantastic a stones throw from the Old Town and a short stroll to the beach. The room was clean and ticked all the boxes.

Breakfast is basic but great; fresh orange juice, coffee/tea, bread, cheese, ham and a croissant - plenty to start the day!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LDSP
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Booked to stay in this hotel on line and never sure what you are going to find on arrival. However I was very happy I decided to stay at the Hotel Bavaria. The location is perfect if you want to stay in the centre of Marbella. Only 5 minutes walk to the charming old part of Marbella, 2 minutes walk from one of the main shopping roads and 8 minutes walk to the beach. An abundance of restaurants very close offering a wide variety of cuisines. Perfect. The rooms are roomy and I was told all have good sized balconies. Mine had a great view of the mountains. Even though this hotel is in a busy area close to a main road the room was quiet enough to be able to sleep without any interruptions. Large bathroom with bath and shower. Great pressure and plenty of hot water. Air conditioning worked perfectly. For what this hotel charges per night I think it is a bargain. The only thing not do good was that the receptionist wasn't very helpful. I felt like I was being a nuisance if and when I asked for anything. Other than that I would highly recommend. I certainly would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Kiwi-child
Reviewed May 28, 2013

That's even only a tiny negative as I have absolutely no complaints about the hotel. It was close to the beaches and to the quaint Old Town which my wife and I loved - separate review about one or two of the restaurants we found there to come.

Baviera isn't upmarket but for the price we paid, there can be no complaints. Fantastic reception, all very friendly, very good English and most helpful and cheery.

The hotel is central to everything you want. A ten minute stroll to the first of the beaches, plenty of beach side restaurants serving fast food, normally a huge choice on offer.

Nightlife is only just down from the hotel also, as you travel south from the hotel, you hit the Port (Depotivo) and we had a ball there on Saturday evening til 4 in the morning. Vodkas are measured in double doses, ranging from 5 to 9 euro with mixers depedning where you are. Pretty soon you won't care anyway - great atmosphere in a number of the little Port bars

The Old Town is less than 10 minutes away and two places stood out for me; La Cuisine, owned by an Irish lad with lovely staff and further down into Orange Square (Plaza de Las Naranjos) a delight in Paco Jimenez.

The bed was a little hard for my liking but only minor - staff were great, changed rooms for us at our request from the outset. Bedrooms are basic but always kept brillliantly clean so thank you.

Room Tip: main street seems noisy at nighttime but didn't really affect us as we looked back into the nort...