“Ticks all the boxes - recommend”
Review of Hotel Baviera

Hotel Baviera
Ranked #43 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Booked to stay in this hotel on line and never sure what you are going to find on arrival. However I was very happy I decided to stay at the Hotel Bavaria. The location is perfect if you want to stay in the centre of Marbella. Only 5 minutes walk to the charming old part of Marbella, 2 minutes walk from one of the main shopping roads and 8 minutes walk to the beach. An abundance of restaurants very close offering a wide variety of cuisines. Perfect. The rooms are roomy and I was told all have good sized balconies. Mine had a great view of the mountains. Even though this hotel is in a busy area close to a main road the room was quiet enough to be able to sleep without any interruptions. Large bathroom with bath and shower. Great pressure and plenty of hot water. Air conditioning worked perfectly. For what this hotel charges per night I think it is a bargain. The only thing not do good was that the receptionist wasn't very helpful. I felt like I was being a nuisance if and when I asked for anything. Other than that I would highly recommend. I certainly would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Kiwi-child

Reviewed May 28, 2013

That's even only a tiny negative as I have absolutely no complaints about the hotel. It was close to the beaches and to the quaint Old Town which my wife and I loved - separate review about one or two of the restaurants we found there to come.

Baviera isn't upmarket but for the price we paid, there can be no complaints. Fantastic reception, all very friendly, very good English and most helpful and cheery.

The hotel is central to everything you want. A ten minute stroll to the first of the beaches, plenty of beach side restaurants serving fast food, normally a huge choice on offer.

Nightlife is only just down from the hotel also, as you travel south from the hotel, you hit the Port (Depotivo) and we had a ball there on Saturday evening til 4 in the morning. Vodkas are measured in double doses, ranging from 5 to 9 euro with mixers depedning where you are. Pretty soon you won't care anyway - great atmosphere in a number of the little Port bars

The Old Town is less than 10 minutes away and two places stood out for me; La Cuisine, owned by an Irish lad with lovely staff and further down into Orange Square (Plaza de Las Naranjos) a delight in Paco Jimenez.

The bed was a little hard for my liking but only minor - staff were great, changed rooms for us at our request from the outset. Bedrooms are basic but always kept brillliantly clean so thank you.

Room Tip: main street seems noisy at nighttime but didn't really affect us as we looked back into the nort...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bryan G
Reviewed May 6, 2013

In this city of jet setters, this hotel is a nicely located, great value WITH PARKING.

Unlike other negative comments, our stay here was very nice. The room was clean and well located. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank canaro99
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for a week in October. We had huge room with a big balcony on the front but with lovely mountain views. The bathroom was good and the room was very clean. We didn't have much to do with the staff but checking in and out and for information they were polite and very nice. The location is just off the edge of the old town which is quite charming but only a few blocks down to the beach. There is large supermarket around the corner. I would stay here again very good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank RemingtonSquires
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Upon checking in to this hotel I was given a room the size of a closet, which would not work for a four night 5 day stay. Went back to the front desk to get a larger room. They tried charging me 40 euro per night to upgrade to a suitable room. We finally agreed on 11 euro per night upgrade. On top of that parking is 15 euro per night. Terrible hotel with terrible service where they try to nickel and dime you any where they can. I'm afraid to ask for another pillow, which is nessecart because the bed only has one.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Rckymtnrmx
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed here for one night last week and felt slightly underwhelmed after reading all the good reviews. I requested a double bed but whilst checking in was informed there were none left and had to settle for 2 singles. Requested an iron and they said it had been broken since the previous week and hadn't been replaced yet! Staff were friendly and the location was good but that's about it. definitely deserves just a 3* rating.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GeorgiaBurgex
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The hotel is arond the corner of the the main road but there is not much traffic noise in the room, even though we had a room on the streetside.

You walk to the old town center or the beach in 5-10 minutes.
The carpark next door is very convenient and not to expensive.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends