We stayed at the Melia Banus for 11 nights in August, we ended up in The Level rooms as we did book them at quite short notice but this ended up being ideal for our needs whilst at the hotel and the staff in the level were always pleasant and made a point of talking to you about your day or where you maybe going in the evening. We made full use of the soft drinks provided in the day, the fridges were always full, had a 'cheeky' few glasses of Cava on our way in from the pool and then a nice Gin & Tonic on our way our for our evening meal. The 'snacks; provided were lovely especially the lunch, fresh sandwiches, cheese & smoked salmon, lovely cakes to finish off with.
As The Level rooms tend to be on the top floor (apart from the garden rooms of course) and it is adults only you don't get the noise of people returning home in an evening but i do have to agree that the maids are a nuisance, they start banging and clattering as early as 730 am, scraping furniture in rooms where people maybe early risers, it was impossible to stay in the room later than 900 / 930 am as they were knocking on the door to come and sort the rooms out - we are on our holidays remember so a bit of a rest would be nice !! I wouldn't book a level garden room as everyone walks past them, absolutely no privacy at all.
Adults only pool is lovely and very peaceful but not one parasol in sight so if you want to lay in the sun all day then these are great but if you want some shade and the peace of this pool then forget it. We had to spend everyday at the family pool which is all very nice but full of children and as mine are 13 & 23 I am past the noise of screaming, complaining children - again no sun parasols but lots of trees that you can shade under and have some sun / some shade - ideal, come on Melia Banus invest in some sun parasols for the adults area please we don't all like to lie and burn in the day, some of us want to protect our skin !!
Ideal position for walking into Banus and you do not have to cross the car park if you exit the hotel at the back by the waterfall pool, lovely restaurants in Banus but this is our 4th visit so know where to try and where to avoid.
Although i enjoyed the hotel I would personally go back to the Melia Don Pepe which is closer to Marbella but a much superior hotel which is where we stayed last year and thoroughly enjoyed what the hotel had to offer (and the sun parasols)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive area of Puerto Banus, in the famous Golden Mile and very close to the beach and some of the most Deluxe shopping and leisure facilities in Europe. The Melia Marbella Banus Hotel is the perfect choice for visiting Puerto Banus and Marbella thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities, and the quality of its services. In the heart of the "Costa del Golf", and surrounded by some of the finest golf courses in the area, all available at a special discount. Amongst its magnificent facilities and services, Melia Marbella Banus provides 200 superb rooms with two double beds; different dining spaces such as El Rio Verde Restaurant, the Patio Bar, La Hiedra Restaurant and the Pool Bar (the last two only open in summer); free high speed WiFi internet; exclusive The Level service; 3 outdoor pools (1 adults only pool, 1 pool with 3 waterfalls and 1 children’s pool); Wellness Area with indoor heated pool, sauna and Turkish bath; 1 tennis court; 2 paddle tennis courts; a children’s play area; 4 meeting rooms for up to 150 people, and underground parking for the exclusive use of guests with space for 60 vehicles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Melia Marbella Banus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Marbella Banus Hotel Marbella
- Sol Melia Marbella Dinamar
- Melia Marbella Dinamar