I have just returned from 4 nights at this hotel. In a nutshell, the main problem with this hotel is the staff. The facilities in general were ok but the staff don't give a damn about their guests and if they continue to behave this way, they won't have jobs to go to, in a country where I believe unemployment is at a record high. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we found the reception staff didn't greet nor say goodbye to us nor ask how our stay was. We asked to store our luggage and we were left to find a room behind the reception on our own, unmanned and not locked. Pool staff were rude and often missing, breakfast staff were only interested in getting you cold tea or coffee, often before you even had a chance to sit down or peruse the buffet (buffet was actually quite good). I have to interject at this point and mention the lady on omelettes was always pleasant but she could do with two pans for omelettes to speed up her service. On our last night at around 6am the fire alarm went off continuously so we left via the stairwell next to the elevator nearest our room. Half way down from the 5th floor, the stairs went into complete darkness. The emergency lights didn't work. We made our way to reception alongside many families with children and found it unmanned. A lot of guests were there, waiting to find out if there was in fact a fire but no staff were there to inform us. A man emerged from the office but quickly disappeared again inside the door. Eventually a security man arrived to say it was a hoax. When I was checking out at 9am, I asked to speak to a manager to tell them re the stairwell with no emergency lighting. I was told there was no one available to speak to me so I told the lady on reception who very rudely told me I shouldn't have used that stairs (why not? it was next to elevator with its door open!!!). There was no apology or satisfactory explanation. There are a lot of better hotels in Puerto Banus where the staff value your custom and your safety.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive area of Puerto Banus, in the famous Golden Mile and very close to the beach and some of the most Deluxe shopping and leisure facilities in Europe. The Melia Marbella Banus Hotel is the perfect choice for visiting Puerto Banus and Marbella thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities, and the quality of its services. In the heart of the "Costa del Golf", and surrounded by some of the finest golf courses in the area, all available at a special discount. Amongst its magnificent facilities and services, Melia Marbella Banus provides 200 superb rooms with two double beds; different dining spaces such as El Rio Verde Restaurant, the Patio Bar, La Hiedra Restaurant and the Pool Bar (the last two only open in summer); free high speed WiFi internet; exclusive The Level service; 3 outdoor pools (1 adults only pool, 1 pool with 3 waterfalls and 1 children’s pool); Wellness Area with indoor heated pool, sauna and Turkish bath; 1 tennis court; 2 paddle tennis courts; a children’s play area; 4 meeting rooms for up to 150 people, and underground parking for the exclusive use of guests with space for 60 vehicles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Melia Marbella Banus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Marbella Banus Hotel Marbella
- Sol Melia Marbella Dinamar
- Melia Marbella Dinamar