I stayed at the hotel with my sister in the beginning of April. Since the first arrival we were very pleasantly suprised by the service and the hotel after reading some of the negative comments here. The hotel was very clean and nice, and the rooms were just the right size with enough storage and a nice balcony, which we had facing the pool area. The grounds were beautiful and peaceful.
Since we were a bit disappointed on Puerto Banus itself ( no restaurants serving traditional spanish food ), we decided to stay and have dinner at the hotel. Totally worth it!! I've never eaten so much in my life! Everything from the perfect steaks to the gazpacho was so good and good quality. Also the breakfast is excellent.
But, the major disappointment for us was that the water in the pools was almost freezing cold. It was so cold that it was almost impossible to sit at the edge of the pool with feet in the water. The weather was already very warm in the beginning of april, so we were just sweating by the pool and wishing we could have been able to go for a swim. The pools were totally empty all day for this reason and it felt like they were just there so that the grounds would look good. I really think that in a four star hotel it should not be like this.
Otherwise beautiful hotel, good staff and excellent food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive area of Puerto Banus, in the famous Golden Mile and very close to the beach and some of the most Deluxe shopping and leisure facilities in Europe. The Melia Marbella Banus Hotel is the perfect choice for visiting Puerto Banus and Marbella thanks to its excellent location, its complete and comfortable facilities, and the quality of its services. In the heart of the "Costa del Golf", and surrounded by some of the finest golf courses in the area, all available at a special discount. Amongst its magnificent facilities and services, Melia Marbella Banus provides 200 superb rooms with two double beds; different dining spaces such as El Rio Verde Restaurant, the Patio Bar, La Hiedra Restaurant and the Pool Bar (the last two only open in summer); free high speed WiFi internet; exclusive The Level service; 3 outdoor pools (1 adults only pool, 1 pool with 3 waterfalls and 1 children’s pool); Wellness Area with indoor heated pool, sauna and Turkish bath; 1 tennis court; 2 paddle tennis courts; a children’s play area; 4 meeting rooms for up to 150 people, and underground parking for the exclusive use of guests with space for 60 vehicles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Marbella Banus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Marbella Banus Hotel Marbella
- Sol Melia Marbella Dinamar
- Melia Marbella Dinamar