New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Hostal La Pilarica
Hostal La Pilarica
Ranked #17 of 30 Marbella B&B and Inns
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Family run with local atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had only one night here but really liked it. The elderly proprietors are friendly and helpful. It is quaint in an old fashioned way but clean and comfortable. The front reception reminded me of my grandparents living room which adds to the genuine atmosphere of a small family run hostel.
Good location to explore the beautiful Marbella old town which is full of shops and restaurants. Short walk to beach and marina.
No parking and the street is only accessible by foot (short distance from road).
Beats a boring Mchotel anyday!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness

Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

the couple,especially the woman were unfriendly but I thought just language barrier(extreme as I speak French and Italian as well as English)Their wifi not working( I was booking my accomodation on a daily rolling basis to check few places while on solo buisness trip before coming back with kids)but I arranged second night. she wrote down price (40 euro)and delayed me a bit (no breakfast big rigmarole and very hostile)for my conference when she asked another guest to talk to me about wifi code..It was abit like being with irritable, elderly relatives and you have to be polite.I really decide to stay second night as I hadnt done my ususl web search the first nightwith them and was having long day at conference.BUT on my return from conference late(2200hrs) my bag had been removed from the room and "plena"it was now 10 o clock at night and much shrugging,shouting later,two other guest s came to my rescue.my medical kit was missing from luggage and the man reluctantly allowed a check of the room(clearly unoccupied)one of the 2 guys(other guests) who helped me said she had mediterranean temperment.we stayed with elderly couples in agritourisms in Italy and Greece who welcomed us like grandparents.They didnt have any English either but were well able to communicate.This is a very bizarre situation, not explained by language barrier.I also stayed at il castillo in marbella (very helpful not fluent by any means but willing to help and advise) and the hostal on the same street as il pilarica had alovely guy who (thankfully) gave me room after my horrible experience in il pilarica.also hotel plaza marbella in san pedro were great for help but their place bit far for my conference.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Location
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Marbella hotels