“Excellent !!” 4 of 5 bubbles

VIME La Reserva de Marbella
Penzance, United Kingdom
“Excellent !!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

After reading some reviews on here i have to say i really disagree with most of the negativity......I've just returned from a long weekended hen party at this hotel and found it fantastic for our needs !!! We arrived late and found the reception staff exceptionally helpful and polite - we had missed the restaurant opening times so a cold buffet and drinks were laid on for us. As there were six of us we had fantastic rooms next to each other........near the pool and both with balconies, full fitted kitchens and really clean and tidy........ Pools were clean, bar staff were pretty cool and reception bent over backwards to help us. Yeah little bit outta the way but in all fairness taxis were available quickly and thats all we needed to spend our money on - Food was what you expect for an all inclusive and cocktails...........well they went down a treat - day AND night !!! All in all had a fantastic time - YES i would return either with the girls or with my family !! xx

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Claire237
GlobRes_15713, Manager at VIME La Reserva de Marbella, responded to this review, July 9, 2011
Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for choosing our Hotel to enjoy your vacation, as well as for your kind opinion regarding the property and our staff.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon and that you and your friends had a nice and pleasant time overhere
Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

we went in June 2011 and it was very quiet during the week, locals seem to visit at the weekend.
We booked all inclusive and the meal times were great, breakfast was the best meal of the day.....gorgeous pastries! Full cooked breakfast, meat and cheese, cereals, fruit etc...
Lunch and dinner ok - plenty of food for even the fussy eater! Order bottle wine with dinner and take to terrace afterwards.
Location was great for us as we didnt want to be in Marbella center. (supermarket a 5min walk away and not signposted - good for snacks as the hotel didnt sell them!)
pool area was lovely and clean and maid cleaned daily - whole place was very clean.
We had a large room, however the beds were the most solid and firm I've ever slept on!! Too hard for us! - that was the only disappointing part (However, the wine made it more acceptable!) The bathroom was lovely - enormous shower, 2 sinks, loo and bidet - plug sockets and large mirror. Big wardrobes with plenty of hanging space.
all in all we had a lovely time, quiet resort although busier at the weekend. I wouldnt want to stay more than 5-6 days simply as there wasnt much to do other than sunbathe and relax. That was exactly what we wanted from a short break

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ZoeandStu
Dear guest,
First of all, thanks for choosing our Hotel for your stay in Marbella and thank you for your kind opinion about our hotel. That help us to keep improving.
From 1st of july we have a new menu with a wide range of snacks in the bar.
We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again.
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

A friend and I have just got home from a 4 night holiday to Vime La Reserva de Marbella.

It is about a half hour car journey from the airport and cost 70 euros in a taxi.

On arrival we were ushered to the restaurant for dinner. They serve a buffet which has very little choice, is cold, and really tasteless. If the hotel wasnt so far away from everything we would have chosen to eat out rather than eat here.

The accomodation is very dated and one bed was not made properly when we arrived. There is a fridge in the apartment but no cups or glasses to drink from expect the ones that are in the bathroom that claimed to be clean.

The pool area is nice but we only saw the pool being cleaned once. Despite being half term week there were not many guests at the resort and I worry that if there had been more that we would have struggled to get a sunlounger by the pool. Umbrellas are dotted around the pool side but a little bit of wind sent them flying out of their bases. We witnessed two umbrellas fly into the pool! Perhaps if they fitted into the bases properly this wouldnt be an issue?!

Marbella is not a simple 5 minutes away, it is infact 15 minutes away in a taxi! Do not go to Vime if you are looking for a lively holiday! If you want to lose weight by not eating because the food is so bad then here could be a good place to consider!

Staff on the reception were fairly rude and put personal calls before the customers.

There is a supermarket at the end of the road though so we managed to get some supplies of crisps and biscuits to see us through, but there arent any provisions for you to cook in the apartment so buying food in is not an option.

Overall, no way is this a 4* resort!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ar1988
GlobRes_15713, Manager at VIME La Reserva de Marbella, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Dear guest,
First of all, thanks for choosing our Hotel for your stay in Marbella.
I apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay but I would like you to know few things about our hotel:
We have more stored sun lounger we can get out when there is more guests.
There is an engine which cleans the swimming pool every night as well as the machine for water purification (24 hours)
The resort has 100 duplex apartments with full fitted kitchen , you just have to ask for one at anytime.
The hotel is located 40 km away from Malaga airport and 12 km away from Marbella center, the hotel is in a residential area which is nice for families which look for calm and stress free holidays. You should know this information before booking.
Best regards.

Travelers are raving about these Marbella hotels

Knaresborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

We have just returned from a week at this hotel complex and after reading a few negative reviews felt I should give my option. We have a 13 month old girl, so prior to arriving I'd asked the hotel to provide a cot and microwave - we'd only booked and paid for a standard room, however on arrival we were given an apartment with kitchette, lounge, dining area, downstairs loo, upstairs one bedroom with cot and main bathroom, along with a balcony on each floor...at no extra cost! The hotel staff were lovely, so friendly and were wonderful with our baby, the complex was clean and all the facilities were in full use, the two pools outdoor were a good size and the indoor pool and sauna were great too. The hotel food was also lovely, as again some people have written negatives about the food, however my guess is they are expecting a little bit too much from an all inclusive buffet and in my opinion it has something for everyone, from fussy eaters to willing eaters, salads, breads and a range of meats/fish/pastas/veg/chips etc...and different every night.

I can't comment on evening entertainment as we have a baby so returned to our room early each night, however the bar is well stocked and has a lovely outside terrace overlooking the pools.

If I were to give this hotel any negatives it would possibly be the area....it is just off the main road, not that you'd ever know when in the hotel as its quiet as ever, but it means there isn't a lot to do around and about - there is a small cluster of shops on the other side of the road and a supermarket just minutes away, also a couple of smaller restaurants, one being chinese. Otherwise expect to hire a car or go by bus to the local cities. The bus goes every 30 minutes and is cheap and cheerful! Its around 25 mins to both Marbella and Fueingola by bus.

Overall, for the price we paid, I was impressed with this hotel. I think the fact it was clean, the staff so helpful made me love staying here....I would definatley recommend it to families with small children and mature couples. Young couples and single groups may get bored!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank MuttsC
Dear guest,
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.
london, england
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

The grounds are stunning, the facilities are great, the rooms VERY spacious. The staff, well, they aren't so great. It seemed if we needed anything, they were far less than accomadating. For instance, after a day around the pool, my partener and I had gone back to our room only to find that it had been ransacked. Thank goodness, we had locked everything in the safe at reception, so nothing was taken. The front door was wide open, and all the drawers inside were left open and rummaged through. My partener had gone to the neighbors to see if they knew anything and I ran to reception. I had looked and thought his watch was gone and so I was in a panic. I went to reception and told them what happened, and she was responsive and wanted to call the police. I asked her to hold off until I verified with my partener if he had his watch or not. He did have it (thank god) So someone came to the room to verify that it had indeed been broken into. Our neighbours were spanish, and the caretaker spoke with them. They said that someone had been there but they didn't know who it was etc etc. They said there was no manager on duty until the next day, and that he would be in contact with me... guess what... no one ever called, or even made notice to contact us. I felt so slighted, so dismissed and ever so irrated. I didn't feel safe. Granted they offered to move us to another room, but at the end of the day, what difference would that make??? All I wanted was to talk to someone in charge, and they never made the effort to speak to us. Seems as though once they got our money, they didn't want to help in any way.
We had wanted to play a game of pool and inserted our 2euros, and then it didn't work. So we went to the bar to get our money back. The bartender looked at us blankly and said 'I don't do that'. We said 'Ok, so how do I get it back?' he said we had to go to reception, which is quite a walk away, when really he should have been able to help us. My partener in tougne and cheek said ' you aren't very helpful are you' the bartender just said 'No, not really'. COULDN'T believe it!
Any information about anything off the resort is few and far between. No real knowledge of the surrounding area outside of a Kilometer.
The drinks are great, but the food is shocking. We had the runs for 2 days after coming home. The salami is flourescent pink, like the colour of a highlighter. My suggestion, get to the buffet when it first opens, at least then it is somewhat fresh.
The grounds and the layout couldn't be better. The pool was really clean, and the sunbeds are plentiful. The grounds are well kept, and the rooms are MASSIVE. We had 3 terraces and 2 floors near the pool. Room 6313. We were only there for 4 nights, and all in all I was relaxed by the end of it, but not because of the service, or lack thereof.
The hotel is in the middle of no where. A taxi to Malaga airport is 53euros, a Taxi to Puerto Banus is about 60euros, and a taxi into Marbella is about 25euros. The 220 Bus runs every 1/2 hour on the hour, and that is a reasonable 1.35 euro. But you need to catch the last bus at 10:30 to get back home. The 220 connects in Marbella to Puerto Banus, and that is 1.16 euro, so REALLY cheap to get into town, but expensive to get back if you plan to make a night of it.
My bedsheets weren't changed once, nor were we given new towels... just little things like that you expect to be taken care of on vacation.
My suggestion, make your own food, but go the all inclusive route for the free drinks. The tequila sunrises are to die for.

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the pool... great location
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jenny M
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

We tuck a girly holiday to Marbella for a friends 21st Birthday - a group of 5 girls all aged 20/21, not looking for a rowdy club holiday, and so opted for a 4star, where we would usually go for a 3 star as they appear to be more laid back with noise etc. Looking forward to a bit of extra luxury which might be expected with a 4 star, I have to say we were slightly disapointed with our 4 night stay.
We arrived at around 11.30pm and were directed to our rooms from reception with a map. The resort was dark and could have done with more lighting around the pathways, and throughout our stay we went everywhere in twos as it wasn't very pleasant even for popping back to the room from the bar at night.
We had a two-story apartment for 3 girls and a double room for myself and another friend. Luckily the two rooms were quite close together. We arrived at our room to find that the key did not open the door, and so carted our luggage along to the other apartment to ring reception. The man from reception came over, and although spoke very little English, tried his best to help us. After having to use the light from my phone to enable him to see what he was doing with the lock (as it was that dark), we found that the door only opened if you jiggled it about in the lock for a while (which gets a little irritating when its raining and your rushing to get in). We walked in to find the window had been left open behind the shutter blind and the room felt damp and smelt musty and very much like an old charity shop. It turned out that the window had actually broken (the locked seemed to have been forced which was a little un-nerving as we were on the ground floor). So, for the second time in 30 minutes, we rang reception again. This time the same man simply told me that there was only him there that late at night and there was nothing he could do and advised me to close the blind that could be opened from outside, and that ''no one would know''. We left all our valuables in the other room while we went out that night and the next morning we went back to reception and within 30minutes a man came to fix it.
Hoping that this would improve the damp musty smell we thought nothing else of it - however came back on the night and got into a damp wet bed. Myself and the other girl I stayed with both slept fully clothes and between two towels as the beds were that wet, and on the last two nights slept on the pull out bed in the other girls apartment. Even the clothes left on the side were damp, which isn't very nice when you want to get dressed up to dinner and to go into town. We also had just one coat hanger between two of us in the wardrobes.
The bathroom itself was very clean, with two sinks and a large shower, although hot water ran out after around 15 minutes in both of our rooms and there was often a nasty smell of sewage/drains. The maid visited, made the beds and put fresh towels every day.
The actualy resort was pleasant enough and looks nice in the daytime, however we only visited the inside pool once as it was rather dirty, the floor was unpleasant and there were ants crawling around under the sunbeds and were obviously coming from a nest in the hole in the wall.
The food was ok, not really very good. Most of the food was luke warm and it seemed that the lights/heaters used were not strong enough to keep the food hot. There was usually one type of fish, and one type of meat for dinner, meatballs one night, veal on another. There was always fresh sandwich meat and bread and this is was what most of our party lived on, having cheese sandwiches and cold chips on several occasions for both lunch and evening meal.
The hotel was quite far away from Marbella and even further away from Puerto Banus, which we would have liked to have visited a little more often. Groups should be aware that there are no people carrier taxis, only four seaters, so everytime we wanted to get into Marbella we had to have two taxis for 5 of us, which was 23euros per car. This got quite expensive, however there appeared to be nothing else around the hotel within walking distance that we would have visited.
Overall, the hotel was clean and friendly enough and possibly would be ok for a family that would have access to a car and do not want to do anything at night time, and even then I would be concerned about what a child would find to eat from the all inclusive restaurant.
Personally, as someone usually booking 3-star, I was even more disappointed by the quality of this ''4 star'' hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank katetaylor89
GlobRes_15713, Manager at VIME La Reserva de Marbella, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Dear guest,
I would like to thank you very much for choosing our Hotel to enjoy your vacation, as well as your opinion will help us to improve.
We apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay, but you should tell us you were not happy with one of the rooms and we had given you immediately other room.
We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

stayed 5 nights. Pls note this is not a hotel, yes it has a reception, bar and buffet restaurant on site which are all very well presented, clean and of a high standard but the rooms are either one bedroom + bathroom or as 2 floor apartment blocks. It is set up as a resort complex with apartments stretching a long distance down the very steep hill. if you struggle walking or are unfit its not the place for you, seen people struggling pushing wheel chairs and buggies. The staff were efficient, well presented and always friendly.
Bad Points
=========
On a steep hill
2 outdoor swimming pools were freezing - it took a brave person to go in. They need to heat it up slightly.
Buffet food was not hot. Yes there was a microwave, but whats the point in that, they need to invest in some hotter hot plates.
The desserts were poor, blamange and tinned fruit wasnt good. Yes fresh fruit was available, but no grapes, strawberries, raspberries only the cheap fruit.
Kids running around at 4am, English unfortunately.
Hairdryer was a tube in the bathroom blowing out cold air!!!
The reception staff were not very knowledgeable of the local and surrounding area. They should know taxi prices and be able to advise of areas to visit ie elviva shopping area some 30 minutes walk away, they should know the way to walk there and also advise you have to walk along a motorway! I am sure the management wold be able to put together an information pack, easily fixed. Also we booked the bus to gibraltor from reception they didnt stress the importance of taking your passport, not a mention, good job we knew we would need it, as some other people didnt take theirs as they werent told and they had to get off the bus at gibraltor border!
Nothing happening 6 nights of the week for adults in the evening, not even any background music at the bar
They dont change the blankets and top sheets in fact I watched a couple leave there room as it was the end of their holiday and I could see the maid changing the sheets and then re-use the blanket and overblanket, not good! felt a bit sick, we removed ours of the bed as goodness knows how many people have slept on it. I was going to complain but I only noticed this on the day before we were leaving, I guess the hotel will deal with this after reading this review, and I believe they will.
The maintenance staff are very noisy and when they come with their leaf blowers and lawnmowers for hours on end it really disturbs what is normally a quiet resort.
Good Points
==========
Very friendly staff
Very clean restaurant, bar
Indoor pool was warmer, but who wants to stay indoors when it is lovely outside! excellent for kids though, keeps them out of the sun
Play area was good
Mini club lady looked after the kids brilliantly with activities happening most of the day
Kids disco and flamingo show was excellent break once in the week.
All inclusive drinks were excellent, cocktails adults and kids were lovely and bar staff worked extremely hard and didnt leave the customer waiting too long.
Buffet food - i'm a fussy eater and I always found something to eat, yes the odd day I had to have a chip butty and cheese sandwich but I didnt go hungry.
Waiter service at lunch and dinner was efficient and if you ordered wine they brought you a bottle which was nice, rose, white or red.
My only complaint to reception was the hairdryer on the wall, a handheld one was delivered to our room within half an hour, excellent at dealing with complaints and always strived to make the customer happy.

I hope this helps. e-mail me if you need any other information,

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JacqBMiddlesbrough
GlobRes_15713, Manager at VIME La Reserva de Marbella, responded to this review, April 30, 2011
First of all, thanks for choosing our Hotel for your recent stay in Marbella and thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

We apologize for the inconveniences mentioned and there are some of the action we will be considering following your comments.
In April, the average temperature in Marbella is of 17º. Of course, you have been able to enjoy of the sun and maybe be all day in shorts but the water of the outdoor pool probably was cold. For this reason we have a indoor pool open to our guests during this months. If you really want to enjoy of the outdoor pool we invite to come back between the months of May and September.
About the knowledge of the area and the information received from our desk team has come to us as a total surprise because the comments we receive from guests are usually positive.
We have taken the opportunity to discuss the points that you have mentioned with our front desk team.
Pleases rest assured that your comments and observations have been taken very seriously and are valuable to us.
We would like to offer to return to our hotel so we can change the image of the bad points. Thank you very much for your attention.