“Location Great, Upgrades needed.”
Review of Park Plaza Suites

Park Plaza Suites
Ranked #65 of 69 Hotels in Marbella
Reviewed June 24, 2007

We just returned form Puerto Banus and the Park Plaza Apartments on the 25th of June after a 6 night stay in the 3 bedroom Presidential Apartment. #1162
The place was huge. 3 full bedrooms 3 1/2 baths, huge living area and a balcony that wrapped almost entirely around the whole place. Fabulous view decent parice and that's about all the nice things I can say. The apartment was hot and we discovered the AC was broken. The workers knew it was broken for some time. The unit had a very bad odor and we had to keep the doors open to keep air flowing. The hotel did send up two mobile units that helped cool the place but you had to keep the windows open to use them and that let the mosquitos in.
The beds were like rocks and very hard to sleep on.
I don't like writing bad reviews and if you read all my other reviews you will see this. I wanted to stay on the Banus and have no regrets about that. I would choose a different place next time.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed June 1, 2007

We stayed at the parkplaza for my hen party! After reading some of the review i was a tad concerned, but i have been proven wrong by reviews in the past so we went with an open mind!
We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment, it was large spacious, clean and had everything we needed! Granted it wasn't the lap of luxury, but we came here to get brown and party, not a romantic break! The location is perfect! We didn't see much of the hotels ammenaties. The apartment was cleaned daily!
It's a safe building as there are locked gates to get into the main block! It can be noisy but then we were staying in the heart of puerto banus!! Perfect for groups of friends, not so perfect for me and my fiance! I think i would choose somewhere with a bit more class and elegance!
Overall it was perfect for me and the girls!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 18, 2007

I feel the need to comment on Puerto Banus first. This is not a family resort. It is suitable for stags, hens, and golf trips. The bars and restaurants are very good, but if you are sensitive about being pestered by ladies of the night or vendors of various substances then don't go. It has very little character.
The Park Plaza suites are located very near the marina and bars, and so were suitable for my w/e away with seven other chaps. There are 3 bedrooms, 2 with en suite, and 4 bathrooms in total. There is a large lounge- ours had a sea view- and a kitchen which we didn't use, but looked reasonable. They are relatively modern, though lacking in any real style, but that seemed to place them on a par with other buildings here. They are a 3 minute stumble from Bar Sinatra, which is a well known handy meeting place by the marina. Everything was very clean on arrival, but we only had maid service for one day out of three. I didn't find out whether that was as it should have been so is worth checking. Breakfast is not included and we struggled to find a nice place to have one, though there was a great choice for dinner.
I was told by my friends that know better than me that the golf courses were very good indeed, though a little expensive.
If anything I feel a bit mean giving only 3 out of 5, and perhaps part of that is because Puerto Banus isn't a place that I would be bothered about visiting again.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank DullDave
Reviewed February 8, 2007

Park Plaza is definitely not a four-star hotel. Rooms had a musty smell, and the worst was the staff - rude and unhelpful. They insisted that the room, which was reserved from another hotel we stayed at, should be paid for in advance, telling us that that it was the policy of all hotels, and, if we did not like it, we could look for another hotel (!!). We asked for ocean-front view, but we did not get it, although the hotel was rather empty. The airconditioning worked only the first night. I was actually happy when we left!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank seventythree
Reviewed January 28, 2007

What can I say, went on a girlie weekend (group of 9 lovely ladies) and booked two apartments.

Both apartments were incredibly spacious all three bedrooms had their own bathroom and even a guest toilet in the entrance way.

Decor was a bit dated but hey we didn't spend much time in the apartment as we were out living it up with the excellent nightlife this place had to offer.

Make sure you check out "The Edge", it's a bar which is more suited to the 30's + type people, as some bars seem packed with kids.

Would defo go there again, excellent, not to be missed!!!

Jayne - Coventry.

Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank madonna_crazy
Reviewed January 3, 2007

I had reserved a three bedroom ocean view 6 months in advance with my credit card and recieved my confirmation.
One week before travel I get an email from Park Plaza Suites that they are out of room and offered me two choices: either cancel my vacation or move to another hotel. What would you do with such short notice?!
It was too late to cancel airline tickets so I took the second option. The replacement hotel was an old apartment, with no view (let alone ocean view) and electricity would go off for hours in the heat of summer.
AT the end I had to pay the exact same rate as the 3 bedroom ocean view that I was originally promised!
As it turns out this a routine for Park Plaza Suites becasue there were other unhappy travelers in this hotel also moved by Park Plaza Suites managment.
With so many years of travel around the world I have never encountered such experience and this hotel is at top of my list to avoid at all times.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank Traveler099
Reviewed September 12, 2006

The suites are very dated and in my opinion are only just of 3 star quality so very overpriced!!
Breakfast was not included so we ate that in the hotel which could not be faulted.
The location was terrible - we were seriously disturbed every night because of noise - the suites are only 30 seconds from the start of the bars. No pool so we had to use the beach - at 12 euros for a sunbed it was quite pricey. Beach area was nice though!
Would NOT return to this accommodation.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled as a couple