“Great atmosphere, great food, terrible service”
Review of Trocadero Arena

Trocadero Arena
Ranked #143 of 1,378 Restaurants in Marbella
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Trocadero Arena, a welcoming place immersed in the essence of the Mediterranean, sand and sea combined with authentic colonial-style decor in our Lounge Area. You can relax in our Beach Club area, which is exclusively reserved for our customers, or enjoy our indoor halls.All of this is reflected in our top-quality fish or meat dishes accompanied by ecological produce which has been especially grown for us.You’ll get special service from the very moment you arrive with a car park equipped with a valet service to pick up your vehicle and hand it back to you when you leave our facilities.Enjoy our facilities to hold any kind of celebration or event with seating for up to 250 guests.
Marbella, Spain
“Great atmosphere, great food, terrible service”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This restaurant has all the makings of an exceptional experience, with exception of disorganized, almost chaotic service. Nobody appeared to be in charge of our table, food service was slow, every time we had to look for someone to clear the plates, every time food was brought the conversation was interrupted to ask who was taking which dish, and most importantly the Director is the staff was totally out of view, for this reason I cannot call him a maitre d'hotel.

This is the seventh or eighth time we have gone to this restaurant, and it has been the same thing almost every time. When we go out and especially with friends or clients we like to be well received and well served. Unfortunately the owners do not seem to understand this essential element to a great restaurant, and I doubt if we will return.

1 Thank Christopher C

• Hungarian first
“Extremely Bad Service”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I want to be honest in my review and feel that it is unfortunate I have experienced very,very poor service at this restaurant. The place is very nice the decoration and furnishings are very special... but they were all tainted by 2nd experience. I had been with some friends of mine 1 evening, enjoyed an excellent cocktail even though rather pricey. I decided to return another time. It was very quiet, there were only a few tables where people were eating outside, nobody inside except myself & partner. We waited 25 minutes to be served, ordered 2 cocktails. Cocktails arrive 20 minutes later... not good. They were also probably the worst I had ever tasted. I didn't want to complain incase it was another 20 minutes for them to bring another 1. Cost:21 Euros. Half way through the cocktail the staff decided to put down the big screens and turn on the football. We asked if they could turn down the volume slightly as the speaker was right above our heads, I was told if I didn't like it that we can leave!!! What? seriously... I said that we would and that I wanted the bill. after another 15 minutes I never received it, so had to go to the bar and pay it. I just can't understand why the staff are so rude, lazy and obnoxious. They also didn't realise that we both speak Spanish and heard the nasty things they were talking about to each other. Extremely disappointed. My friends have been a number of times and said the same thing that they have 1 good experience and 3 bad... ¿Will they never learn?

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Ralph R
Deerfield Beach, FL
“So Beautiful inside and out”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My friends and I were travelling around Spain in 2 cars ... the lead car decided to take a detour on our drive from Gibraltar to Granada and head to the water. We literally stumbled onto this incredible beachside restaurant. The decor was something out of "African Queen", so classy and such attention to detail. We were a party of 7 and there was no problem accomodating us. We decided on several tapas and drinks. The crab spread was one of the best I've ever tasted as was my Peach Bellini. We also ordered a meat and cheese plate that melted in your mouth! I would travel back to Marbella just to stay close by to this resort!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank LIDuck428
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Wow factor!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Fist visit to this beachside retaurant. Have travelled a fair amount world-wide, this was a classy by the water restaurant. Beautifully laid out, most excellent service and great food. See the sun set toward Marbella as you enjoy the 'Perfect' gin!!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Chispeee
“dissapointing experience”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Heard many food things about the place, but was quite frankly dissapointed. Very poor service and dirty beach, did not live up to my expectations..

• Visited June 2012