“Beautiful Hotel with Fabulous Gardens”

Marbella Club Hotel
Ranked #3 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
austin
“Beautiful Hotel with Fabulous Gardens”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This hotel has a lot of history and is truly a grand beauty. Yes, we were surprised with our pool side lunch that was more that $1500 (we were a group of 8, lots of champagne) but we shouldn't have as it was over flowing with lobster tail, lamb, shrimp and a million other delicacies. We found our suite to be large and lovely with a wonderful balcony overlooking an incredible garden, very well appointed. As for service, I sent clothes to be laundered with over 200 euros in the pocket that was returned to me (I didn't even know it was lost). We loved our morning runs on the promenade and our daughter loved renting a bike and swimming in the surf. My only complaint is that the front desk was less than helpful and a bit rude to me on a couple of occasions but when they realized I was part of a specific group they changed their attitude. We stayed in several 5 star hotels this vacation and my daughter said this place was her favorite.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
FranckSibille, General Manager at Marbella Club Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Imoritz 1,

Thank you for your lovely review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We were thrilled to hear that your daughter said that the Marbella Club ¨ was her favorite place¨ and that you and your family had the opportunity to run along our promenade.

We have passed your comment to the Head Housekeeper; they truly are exceptional. We wouldn't expect anything else from them!

We are also speaking with our Front Desk team regarding your experience. It is unusual for them to be less than inviting.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

sibille@marbellaclub.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Marbella Club hotel is an institution. A hotel with a history of being the hangout to the rich and famous during the seventies. The property is set in acres of lush gardens leading down to a beach front pool. It still has an air of exclusivity and clubby feel to it however it suffers from a number of niggles that in these competitive days are not really acceptable for a 5 star hotel.

We chose a garden junior suite. This turned out to be a spacious room with balcony, small dressing room, spacious bathroom with 2 sinks and walk in shower. However in my view it was not what I would describe as a junior suite. It did not have a sitting area apart from a couple of arm chairs in the corners of the room and I think a deluxe double room would have been a more honest description. We arrived mid afternoon and were told that our room was ready. However shortly after entering the room a maintenance man arrived to replace a series of light bulbs that had expired. We also found that the safe was locked and this took almost an hour to have security arrive and unlock it. The next challenge is the wifi. Free wifi is available throughout the entire property and when you finally get logged on it is very fast. However logging on takes many attempts and this 30 minute ritual has to be repeated every 24 hours. The beachfront backs onto a pedestrian walkway running for miles along the coast and ideal for jogging or cycling. Bicycles can be rented for 20 euros per day, a courtesy often offered to guests for free at other 5 star hotels.

On a positive note the hotel's open air bar is fabulous as is the main restaurant. The poolside lunch buffet is superb and understandably world famous although a little pricey. The spa and Thalasso pool is excellent.

All in all the hotel has got many pros but the niggles just make it miss the mark of world class.

Room Tip: The junior garden suite should be described as deluxe garden room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ChairmanLondon
FranckSibille, General Manager at Marbella Club Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear ChairmanLondon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about the Marbella Club.

It is with regret that I read your review as I believe some of the disruptions you experienced could have been solved prior to your stay. Your feedback is most appreciated as we continue to enhance our service and offerings. The WiFi connection set up has been adjusted to ensure our guests only connect once during their stay. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

On the other hand, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Thalasso Spa; I hope you enjoyed our newly refurbished relaxation room.

I am glad you have also experienced our Summer Terrace and our Beach Club Buffet is one of a kind .

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Marbella Club.

Como, Italy
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I did not go in Marbella for years and before booking at this resort I consulted the many reviews on tripadvisor, focusing my attention primarily on those who gave negative evaluations. Some comments (such as. Rooms are not renovated, small and smelly) made ​​me doubt the choice, but fortunately, my husband convinced me to try. Obviously this is a rather expensive hotel, but the service in my opinion is without doubt the height. Our room (a double with garden directly onto the pool) was very comfortable and enjoyed a great location. Fantastic breakfast, and dinner by candlelight unforgettable. The tropical gardens and the setting of the resort are undoubtedly unique and for lovers of comfort, refined and quiet places of the Marbella Club is undoubtedly the ideal solution.

3 Thank SabrinaN77
Dear SabrinaN77,

Reading your review was like music to my ears. Thank you very much for such a lovely comment.

Our gardeners put a lot of effort into creating and maintaining a magical setting and they will be thrilled to hear your words.

I am glad you chose the Marbella Club for your vacations and we hope you don´t take that long to come back to Marbella. We will be waiting for you at the Marbella Club.

Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed June 22, 2014

A top-class hotel with gorgeous jasmine scented gardens, recently renovated rooms, facilities and ambiance. It couldn't have been a more wonderful experience. Staff was lovely, professional and attentive. A special and rememberable experience for years to come.

My only recommendation/request would be an adults-only section for those of us on a romantic break. Unruly children in the bar on a late Monday evening and doing cannonballs into the pool should not be allowed at such a fine establishment.

Otherwise it would be near impossible to find fault in this Spanish paradise!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JNandJNTravel
Dear JNandJNTravel,

I was delighted to read your review.

We are continuously improving our facilities and are pleased to hear that we have contributed in creating ¨ A special and memorable experience for years to come.¨

Thank you for your kindly suggestions we will definitely take them into consideration.

Marbella, Spain
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I love Marbella club hotel.
The ambience and location are inpeckabble.
The only thing to point a finger on is the food and service at the pool bar it . The food is boring and didnt almost not update since last year and the service really need an american service course and english protokol then it will be perfect

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Liv F
Dear Liv F,

Thank you for your review about the Marbella Club.

It is a pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed the atmosphere and location of the hotel, they are really unique features that we are very proud of.

I have taken good note of your comment regarding the Garden Pool Snack and will ensure the service & menu offering is top notch!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Marbella Club.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed in this one earlier this year. I like marbella but in spite of being the poorest province of spain prices ,especially in semana santa,the holy week are stunningly absurdous and no one actually cares about your wellbeing or not. We spent like 500 euros anight, 90 euros for brunch and 30 for champagne (1glass) but no vibe at all. The pool was dirty,the rooms kind of outdated and ants evverywhere and the seaside promenade terribly dirty. The beach not nice either, the rooms from the 1980s....never ever renovated.....We did not enjoy our stay.....
I like Marbella , though ....

Room Tip: Get a bu galow to have more privacy but inquire the price before!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DRLuxury
Dear FRANK C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

We regret to hear that your stay was not as extraordinary as we would wish it to be. I am extremely disappointed to read that our pool was not up to our standards during your stay. Please accept our apologies for this shortcoming.

All our rooms and suites are refurbished but ten and these will be done this winter. Kindly contact me directly for your next visit and I trust you will keep a memorable souvenir of Marbella and the Marbella Club.

With best regards,

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2014

we chose this hotel as part of Fine Hotels and Resorts of Amex Platinum. It is very far from the standard FHR we have stayed over the years :(( The grounds are absolutely beautiful but the rooms are very old, furniture is stained and ripped and the smell is musty.... We are paying the price of a 5 star hotel I would give it 3 stars when it comes to quality. Location is great and the food is good. The pool area bar by the ocean, which is very nice, stops serving drinks at 5 pm.
We are very disappointed with the place and will not recommend it. The website is deceiving
By the way the pillows and beds are very bad quality and we are in a one bedroom suite that has 2 single beds put together..... I have pictures but can't find the way to upload them.

Room Tip: I did not see one and I was shown 3
2 Thank Myrnaman
Dear Myrnaman,

I appreciate that you took the time to write about our hotel and I regret to hear that your stay was anything less than extraordinary. We are currently refurbishing all our rooms and suites. We only have ten to go and they will be done this winter.

Our Pool Bar service stops at 7 pm and in Summer the bar at the Chiringuito at MC Beach is open until 2 am. I am sorry we gave you the impression the bar was closed at the Beach Club.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back so that you can truly enjoy the experience of the Marbella Club.

With best regards,