My wife and I stayed at this hotel from 3rd March to 10th March 2012.
It was our wedding anniversary on the 3rd March, the day of our arrival.
I called the hotel in advance and they arranged a bunch of flowers and a bottle of champagne for our arrival. This was waiting for us with some fruit, in our room when we arrived.
We booked an executive double and this is what we got.
The hotel is made up of two storey rooms set in the grounds of the hotel complex, our room was close to the freshwater pool and close to the Grill, bar and reception.
There are cottages, villas and private houses on the estate.
There is a great history to the place and you can imagine the various celebs have had enjoyable times at this place over the years
- The staff were fantastic, service levels very high
- The cleanliness of rooms and the complex as a whole was of a high standard, rooms cleaned every day, our room staff spent at least thirty minutes each morning cleaning the room, evening turn down also saw the room again cleaned, this was fantastic service
- Relaxed atmosphere, for a five star hotel it was a smart casual kind of place
- Food good, quite expensive as you would expect, extensive wine cellar
- 24/7 room service, we had lunch on our patio one day, the guys came and made up a table, white table cloth, flower on the table, wine in cooler, food served with a smile, just excellent
- Location, great for the beach and walks along the promenade
- Secure, security staff very obvious, lots of security cameras
- The overall feel of the place was very relaxing, just what we needed
- Could be critical and say certain parts looked a little tired, but for us this added to the charm of the place
- Access from the hotel could be troublesome, as you depart straight onto a main road
- Mercedes Benz were doing a press launch of their new SL model to the worlds press, this made parking difficult, but as my wife and I love motor cars, it was an inconvenience we were happy with
- No leisure complex, you can use the sister hotel down the road, but not convenient, this is not good enough for a five star hotel
- Golf and riding centre were great, but a good 40 minutes away up into the hills above Marbella, but great quality
Overall, a great trip, relaxing and the hotel did not disappoint, we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Southern Spanish Costa del Sol, on the heart of the 'Golden Mile' only 5 minutes to Old Town Marbella and Puerto Banus, the Marbella Club Hotel • Golf Resort & Spa enjoys 325 days of sunshine. Open year round, the renowned Marbella Club Hotel, one of the "The Leading Hotels of the World" was once the private residence of Prince Alfonso von Hohenlohe and features 37 luxury bedrooms, 78 suites, 14 Andalusian-Style villas and the majestic Villa del Mar, throughout 42.000 Square metres (452.083 Sq. Ft.) Of lush subtropical garden.In addition to its stunning accommodations and grounds, the Marbella Club also offers guests a wide variety of amenities and activities including two outdoor heated swimming pools, seasonal water sports, fitness centre, 10 tennis and 4 paddle courts at sister hotel, Puente Romano (only a 5-10 minute beach walk away), Kid's Club by minimec, shopping gallery, equestrian centre, Dave-Thomas designed 18-hole golf course within the hills of Benahavis, Thalasso Spa, an 800 square metre (8.611 Sq. Ft.) State-of-the-art facility with dynamic indoor sea water pool, steam baths and saunas, a solarium and 12 treatment rooms and more. The hotel also features six bars and restaurants including the famous Beach Club Buffet, legendary Grill Restaurant and avant garde MC Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Marbella Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marbella Hotel