“Lost and Found!”

Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Marbella
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Lost and Found!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed in Los Monteros from 5/09/2012 - 8/09/2012 in room :221 and had a great stay. I was mesmerised with the property. But as they say services are the key to the success of any organisations .In this case, it was dissapointing. On check out, I forgot my blue Calvin Klein bikini in the balcony of the room . When I arrived home, I realised that I had left the same on the balconychairs to dry after a long day at La Cabane. I sent them an email to which there was NO RESPONSE!! Secondly, I called the front office staff to enquire to which they said they didnt find any bikini in the room. So much so they said my bikini would have flown off from the balcony as it was windy!!!!!!!! How bizarre!
I worked for a 5 star hotel myself and I exactly know the protocol or procedures on clearing a room! This completely ruined my whole experience.Will never stay in the hotel ever again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank sapna P
Los Monteros M, Director de Recepción at Los Monteros Spa & Golf Resort GL, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Thank you for your constructive feedback as every guest impression is valuable.
In relation to your swimming suit forgotten in your room I have to say that our housekeeper did not find, unfortunately, anything in the place you indicated in the telephone conversation.
Once again I am thankful for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back.
Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Surrey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Went to this hotel for a week in September 2012. I understood that the hotel had recently been re-opened after refurbishment, this obviously wasn't the case. Our room smelt of drains and although we complained the hotel management didn't think it was a problem. The shower was covered in black mould and again the hotel management didn't seem to think it was a problem although it was thoroughly cleaned after our complaint. You couldn't go anywhere without a car.
The breakfast was superb with plenty of fresh fruit as well as hot and cold freshly cooked eggs, bacon etc. I don't think I'd return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dizzy84
Thank you for your comments about our hotel that always help us to improve our guests service.
We regret the inconvenience caused in your room during your stay.
As soon as you reported these incidents the problems were resolved as you mention before.
We will be very pleased to have you again in our hotel so that you change your mind and enjoy your visit.
Portsmouth, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We booked this hotel on an excellent deal through Expedia including flights and car hire. If your aim is for a pleasant few days getaway in a relatively classy environment in the sun, I highly recommend Hotel Los Monteros. It is slightly dated now but we found the biggest problem to be that, as the hotel has expanded in terms of rooms over the years, the facilities have not. Therefore it was sometimes crowded round the pool area and at peak times in the breakfast buffet. Some of the other guests were a bit highly strung and overly demanding, but the majority were pleasant and kept themselves to themselves.

However, the rooms were large, bright and airy and we found the staff to be (contrary to some of the other reviews) very helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet was fantastic and included in the price. We did not eat that much in the hotel otherwise as it was pricey. However, the drive/ taxi into Marbella was no trouble. One evening we walked along the beach into town which is definitely manageable (although you would not want to do this every time). We also made sure that we stocked up on water, soft drinks, beer, etc from the local supermarket to avoid the high prices in house. We did not use the beach club as the prices were quite steep and, weirdly, it shut at 6 in the evening. The gym is antiquated and the atmosphere there a bit odd but it was just about functional. The tennis courts are free although I am not sure you can hire racquets/ balls; we brought our own.

So, if you are looking for the height of luxury or a super-romatic location, Hotel Los Monteros is probably not for you. However, for a good value (if you get the right deal) and very comfortable break on the Costa it is highly recommended.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms seemed to be in the older part of the hotel and can have a noisy outlook either ont...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MJ75
Western Ireland, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were very impressed with this hotel, the room was set on three levels, a small bedroom on the top floor, lovely sitting area down one floor, with a small but adequate balcony, because we were in a corner room, we enjoyed spectacular, panoramic views. The bathroom and bedroom were on a floor below and were well equipped and clean. I did feel so sorry for the housekeeper though, all those stairs, still cheaper than a gym I guess. Breakfast was just lovely, had an air of calm that one doesn't normally associate with buffet, and it was just lovely to sit on the terrace and enjoy. we didn't eat an evening meal so I cannot comment, but the menu did seem appealing. Some things a little pricey (small bottle of water), but hay. The landscaping is lovely, A nice lagoon at the back of the garden, with the lovely sound of flowing water, colorful fish and turtles, The staff were excellent, so good in fact you would hardly even know they were there. We were in Marbella to visit my Brother, and his Bar, Home, is in the center of Marbella, so we had to take a taxi so we ended up taking a taxi which cost between 12 and 15 euro, I didn't mind that as I felt we would have spent so much more on one of the more central hotels. A short walk from the hotel and affiliated to it, is the cabana, now that place is a little bit special. No such thing as sun loungers there! just king sized beds with white canopies. Oh my. I accept the location is not the best, but every other aspect makes this a great find. I don't know about the Wifi, cause I was on holiday, goodbye real world, welcome RnR!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deemcgov
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Quirky stairs splitting the hotel room into a living room and a upstairs bedroom department, gives it a bit of character. Beds: two singles make one. Balcony: stunning views of the sea but uncomfortable chairs. Wifi: too slow if lucky enough to find a corner with reception, hence went to the bar. Bar: tends to be empty, lacking motivation regarding offers and staff. Breakfast: good range of mediteranean and cooked choices good quality of fresh produce. Clientele is well behaved, from all corners of Euope/America, tendency towards octogenarians. Area of Monteros is a bit dull, don't expect any bars/shops there. Nevertheless the beach is great ideal for long walks.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Olithal
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here in june 2012 and it was overall a pleasant experience but there was nowhere to get to easily on foot ! Best for people who drive around the costa del sol ! The beach was quite a walk away and a convenient beach club is perched there but you have to pay for beds 15 euros being the cheapest !!!!! My room had a lousy view but wasnt in it much - Unusual design with a lounge downstairs and bedroom upstairs ! it did get on your nerves running up and down when you'd forgotton something ! Food georgous lots of fresh fruit beautifully presented.Pool area and gardens immaculate very relaxing even though everyone is squashed into one area - did find a little spot to hide away sometimes !!! Not many children but the people who took them were very selfish as it wasnt suitable for them at all ! They must have been bored out of their minds !!!!!!! Put the hotel in a better location nearer the beach shops and restaurants and it would be superb !! Couldnt even find anywhere to buy a bottle of water ! Had a walk across road to hospital one morning and the shop there was closed !!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Due to a huge fire in marbella my parents who live closeby were evacuated. They checked in at 4:30 at night and were charged the full 325 euro for the only available suite. In my opinion a more empathic attitude was appropriate.

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank mster187
Fernando A, Director General at Los Monteros Spa & Golf Resort GL, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the time spent writing us your comments about your stay in our Hotel.

We deeply regret to know that you did not meet your expectations in our Hotel and we apologize for that regarding the rate that your parents paid this horrible night.

We accommodated more than 40 rooms because of the fire and the hotel was fully booked when your parents arrived at the hotel. In spite of this situation we decided giving a Suite in the hotel, but we charged the money that the client that arrives at the hotel at 9:00 in the morning have paid for this Suite. We sent that client to another hotel and he has paid 325,00 € for this Suite and his early check in.

Finally, we would like to show our most sincere apologize for any inconvenience your parents suffered this night.

Hopping your impressions will get better in a possible stay; we look forward to welcome you again in the near future but in another situation.

Yours sincerely,