“5 Star Bootcamp Los Monteros”

Los Monteros Spa & Golf Resort GL
Ranked #14 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I was expecting a week of hell at boot camp but wow, what a treat! The rooms were fantastic, the food was even better (despite being healthy) and the lovely Danni and her team gave me the workouts of my life! I lost 8lbs and 6 inches off my waist in just one week and enjoyed an amazing holiday at the same time. La Cabane is well worth a visit between workouts and the staff are really friendly and helpful. If on boot camp, do take a water bottle as the bar gets quite busy. I can't wait for my next visit! Thanks Danni and thanks Los Monteros :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,066)

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My sister and I saw a great deal being offered for a bootcamp at Hotel Los Monteros, we were both slightly unsure about what to expect as was a first for us both! I have got to say that we were extremely happy when we arrived and saw the amazing location; exercise is something I need to do but cant actually say I love and being in such great surroundings were going to be a huge bonus.

On arrival at the airport we were greated by a lovely lady named Heidi who escorted us to the hotel. She was very friendly and soon had everyone on the bus excited about the week ahead.

We were very impressed when we arrived at the hotel, the staff were very friendly and showed us our room which was beautiful, with a lovely bathroom boasting a rain shower and jacuzzi bath tub (this came in most helpful to get my legs moving at the end of some days!)

The 5star bootcamp team were amazing, Danni and Dean had us working from early morning till teatime following the exercise plan we had been issued with on our first lunch. Admittedly they added in a few extra compulsory, non compulsory sessions but by the end of the week we were asking them for extra!! We also had great sessions on the beach boxing with Mick which I panicked about when first told but with his support I was soon into it and amazed at how much I enjoyed it.

I cant rave enough about our experience there and can say that my next place is booked. I acheived everything I had hoped to; I lost weight, I lost inches(4 off my waist) I actually realised that some exercise is fun and that I can do it!!

Anyone thinking of trying a bootcamp then I would definately recommend getting in touch with Danni Levy. Some of my friends have done army style bootcamps, being dragged through mud fields and shouted at daily, where as Danni and Dean worked us hard but the sun was shining the food was fab and I went back to my amazing air conditioned room which had been cleaned with fresh sheets daily. It definately is a no brainer in my mind!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sue D
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just returned from a lovely relaxing 6 days at this hotel. I would of given it a 5 rating if it wasn't for the ludicrous food and drink prices. 4euro for a coke, 5euro for a beer and 20euro for chicken nuggets and chips!

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you want to go away and do absolutely nothing, there are no activities at the hotel or evening atmosphere. You literally laze by the pool all day. We didn't bother with la cabane as the hotel pool is lovely, albeit a tad chilly :) Don't bother taking towels with you as they are provided by the hotel.

The hotel really is in the middle of no where, we had luckily hired a car from goldcar (£65 for the 6 days), and I would recommend doing the same. Obviously this means you will need a designated non-drinker, i'm pregnant so it wasn't a problem.

By the 2nd day the car had paid for itself. It meant we could go to the supermarket to buy bottles of water and snacks to eat poolside. There is a huge shopping mall about 4 junctions up called la canada which we went to for lunch. Then we drove into Marbella and Puerto Banus in the evenings for our dinners. We also drove to Mijas one afternoon to have a walk round, it really was beautiful.

We saved a huge amount of money by getting a car! I heard that to get from the airport it is a 60euro cab fare, marbella 10euro and puerto banus 20euro.

We did eat once in the hotel for lunch, my husband had the seabass with asparagus and olive oil potatoes and I would really recommend it if you have the spare cash. the breakfast was fantastic also.

The rooms are lovely and clean, robes and slippers make it feel fancy. I'd probably say it is more of a 4* than 5* but we had a lovely time and a well needed break. Glad we went here for our final holiday as a couple before the baby comes.

1  Thank jane n
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have just come home from a fabulous week in Los Monteros with my boyfriend. From the moment we arrived we loved every minute of this holiday. We had a junior suite which was huge, very comfortable bed, terrace with sun loungers and table & chairs, very spacious bathroom and towels changed twice daily, turndown service in the evenings. Staff are very welcoming and helpful.
We went down to la Cabane 3 of the days and paid the additional €30 for the sun loungers there. La cabane is a fantastic place to chill out and relax and you are right on the waters edge and have access to another beautiful pool. I agree that the additional expense for the sun loungers here is unnecessary for hotel guests.

Food and drink is expensive at the hotel and the other reviews are correct, not many people stay in the hotel in the evenings but with Marbella and puerto banus so nearby it's worth going to explore the restaurants and bars there.

The gym is definitely in need of updating, lack of equipment and only open 9-1, but not a high priority when you're on holidays for a week.

Planning to return next year and will definitely be recommending to friends!!

Room Tip: Choose the junior suite!
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I was really excited about this hotel, but unfortunately it was a bit of a let down, and an expensive one at that.

The photos of the pool sold this hotel to me, but only when I got there did I realise this isn't a part of the main hotel, plus you need to spend an additional €15 just for a sun bed by it (its much more for the fancier beds). I paid up La Cabane (the beach club) is fatastic and the one thing that makes this hotel special. Some may think €15 isn't much, but it just feels like they're always trying to extort money from you.

Food and drink at the hotel are ridiculously expensive - €4 for a tiny Coke, and €15 for a toastie. As a result it's easy to spend €100 euro by lunch time at this hotel. As a result the hotel lacks atmosphere. Not many people are prepared to have their evening meal there, and there isn't much going on at all. Normally I'd like to have a drink at the bar before I go out in the evening, but it really wasn't that appealing here.

The breakfast is very good - no complaints. The hotel itself is very old fashioned in parts - probably a shadow of its former self. The pool at the actual hotel is also pretty basic, as is the view from it - the hotel looks very 3 star from the outside.

It's also a good distance from any shops or restaurants. It's €10 by taxi to get to Marbella and €20 to get to Puerto Banus. €60 to the airport.

All in all, my advice would be to visit La Cabane for one day of your holiday as it is lovely, but to find a better hotel in a better location.

Room Tip: I'm sure the suites are lovely, but the standard rooms are very old fashioned.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mweffy
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Los Monteros for 4 nights whilst we were in Marbella to see friends.

The hotel is top to bottom luxury and I can't say I bad word about it. It isn't the cheapest so if you're watching the pennies then it won't be for you. Having said that, you get what you pay for. We had a suite and it was a very good size with a nice large private balcony with sun loungers.

Le Cabane is the hotels beach club and it is gorgeous down there. We paid the 90 euros for a double luxury cabane that came with a bottle of champage and had a great day.

It's a little out of the way so if you don't want to spend a lot on taxis then I'd recommend hiring a car.

1  Thank GaBead01
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Second time at the hotel - but first time without the children, and we ventured down to Le Cabane, the hotel's beach club around 5 minutes walk away. Oh boy, we loved it and then went every day. For hotel guests, €15 per bed, €45 for a Cabane with two beds or €90 for a double luxury Cabane including a bottle of Mumm champagne. A lot more if you are not staying at the hotel. There is a beautiful pool, great relaxed bar/cafe or the full restaurant hit, your choice. Not cheap, but you are next to the beach and cocooned in private luxury.

The hotel was as before - Spanish 5*- breakfast is top drawer, free wi if throughout, great concierge, lovely gardens and good pool. You do need a car, fact, unless you are happy using cabs. However, it is 10 minutes from everywhere you would want to go including central Marbella to the west and Elviria/puerto cabo pino to the east.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple