“Great Location”
Review of PYR Marbella Hotel

PYR Marbella Hotel
Ranked #38 of 69 Hotels in Marbella
Reviewed November 19, 2012

What the hotel lacks in modern comforts, it makes up in its location, which is ideal for walking around town and the Banus marina. Would be good for families since rooms have kitchenettes. Breakfast is typical for Spain, though the Nespresso machines do give it a nice touch.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Alokie

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The hotel was chosen for a boys golf trip and fitted the bill perfectly. The location is a few minutes walk from the centre of Puerto Banus. Its also well placed to get to golf clubs easily.

The rooms were clean and tidy and the staff on reception helpful. There's a nice pool.

The only negative was that the breakfast room is too small for the number of guests so there often seemed to be a queue.

I wouldn't rush there with family or as a couple but for groups who are looking to have a good time you cannot go wrong.

4  Thank MAFC
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for my hen do, back in July. Very basic, but the price was cheap for the whole party, and the rooms were perfectly clean.

Pool very lively, perfect for what we were after!

Pefect location in the centre of Puerto Banus, without paying through the nose!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Rudgeous
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great Hotel for a boys trip away.

Hotel perfectly located near to golf courses and night life, bars restuarants and Clubs
Staff very accomodating.
Bed rooms very clean and tidy
Buffet breakfast great for morning after
Very reasonably priced
Recomend trying the Buggy tour in Mihas.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel 11 October for 3 nights. Just a simple girly weekend so I didnt expect anything fanstatic. Hotel was in a perfect location for the shops/bars/restaurants only a 5 min walk (and stumble on way back haha). The cleaners came every morning, the rooms were clean although not much in terms of utensils. I wouldnt recommend to go here for a week or so holiday, not much to do except drink in the resort. It is in my view a party weekend location. I would not like to go to the hotel in the high season as there is little room to sunbathe around the pool and I can image the bars to be absolutely chocker! The weather was fab when I went and I would definately go again this time next year.

2  Thank jawray25
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my 15 year old daughter and I have to say I was apprehensive about the place before I arrived, but our overall experience was good and we would stay there again. The plus points are that it's cheaper than most of the other hotels in Puerto Banus, it;'s location is perfect, just a short stroll away from the shops, bars etc and walking distance to the beaches. The rooms are clean and adequate plus there was a fridge and an oven/sink etc which was perfect for storing our water and cold drinks an meant we could make tea and coffee, which again saved heaps of money as everything is so expensive.

The pool area was okay, but we chose to go to the beach most days, The breakfast which was included was fine - all the usual stuff, eggs bacon and those funny little pink sausages they seem to think us brits like - fresh bread and yoghurts etc cold meats. The restaurant near the lobby was not very good and we only ate there once so I would advise going on a bed and breakfast basis.

So to sum up - clean cheap and perfect for a girly or lads weekend or just a group of mates chilling out.

Room Tip: I said I had vertigo and they took note and gave me a room on the first floor which was great as I h...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sandra h
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My friend and I picked this hotel for 2 main reasons: price and location, and we weren't disappointed. We had a twin room, which was more than big enough for us with a nice bathroom and plenty of mirrors for when we were getting ready. The maids came daily and the room was cleaned/ towels changed. The pool was large, and if you were there early enough the sun beds were available (later on this could be a problem). When we first arrived it was fairly quiet (which disappointed us!!), but as the weekend approached the pool certainly livened up, but we felt it could have done with more music to create a better atmosphere. The reception staff were fantastic- despite several late night/ early morning conversations when we probably should have been dealt with much more harshly! Always helpful, always pleasant and couldn't be faulted.
The location of the hotel is it's main advantage- it's within easy walking distance to the marina and the main pubs/ clubs,which is why we had gone on holiday to this area. We went to a couple of the beach clubs through the day which we felt provided a better atmosphere than the hotel one. I would definitely recommend for groups of boys or girls, but as a family or couple it might be a bit much by the weekends.
I would book to go back here, if I was to return to Puerto Banus because for location, I'm not sure we could have gotten better.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends