Hotel Lima Marbella
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Baviera(Marbella)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsold towncentral hotelperfect locationbudget hotelcold meatsair contapasyogurtcontinental breakfastplenty of hot watertriple roombars and restaurantsspanish hoteldefinitely stay here againmin walk to the beachorange squashsmall balcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2008

We travelled over to Marbella (from Portugal) to see a concert and stayed just the one night. This hotel was ideally situated for our needs, central to the old town, and near to the beach/promande for a summer's stroll.
We wanted a central and reasonably priced hotel and selected this as it seemed to fit our needs (somewhere to shower pre-concert and sleep afterwards). It cost about 80Euros for a decent double room with a bathroom and balcony over-looking the cafes adjacent to the hotel. We found it comfortable and it surpassed our prior expectations. The staff were helpful and informative. There were plenty of eating establishments nearby (we had pre-concert tapas, and a simple breakfast both literally across the street from the hotel), and found no problem in finding on-street parking close to the hotel (end of July).
Had we not needed to get back to Portugal for the next leg of the concert tour we would have been very happy to stay longer. Would we choose this as a location for a weeks holiday? maybe not; but it would be just perfect for a short break. If you love Marbella you could do a lot worse than the Lima.
Incidentally we found the drinks prices in Puerto Banus excessive (4 Euros for a v. small beer in an ordinary marina bar), be warned.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
hotellima, Director General at Hotel Lima Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

First of all I apologise for the delay in answering you.
Thank you very much for your comments.
We are happy that the hotel met your expectations and if
Returns for a short stay, we return to choose.
Thank you for highlighting the work of our staff.
Since you visited us have changed, now the street
main is pedestrian and this has given him more life.
I agree, Puerto Banus is expensive for tapas and even
take a beer.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 21, 2008

Myself and my best friend wanted a budget hotel for a wkend in marbella, and stumbled across this one on travelrepublic.co.uk.

At first we were slightly nervous about the hotel because of the such cheap price we paid £52 for the both of us for 2 nights with breakfast. However this hotel exceed my expectations complelty. It was a 2 min walk to the beach front and was right in the centre of old marbella with everything close by. All the bus stops were 2 min walks away and so was very easy to hop on a bus for a euro to puerto banus.

The hotel itself was very basic but really clean and very typical of spanish style. We arrived early and were allowed to check in with ease. We were given a room with a balcony overlooking the pretty streets and restaurants. Although this was a little noisy at night. The breaksfast was again very simple but had tea coffee plentiful and cereal toast, and cold meats. There was also a small supermarket across from the hotel and plenty of gorgeous restaurants along the beach front.

I would not hesitate it booking this hotel again or recommending. Staff were really polite and i have stayed in some 4 star hotels which are terrible, this 2 star was better than some of them!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank JadeT2007

First of all I want to apologize for my late response.
Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad that you will enjoy your stay
in our Hotel and the cleanliness and the location of our Hotel will surprise. our Hotel is surrounded by restaurants and recreation area
and now the street is pedestrian, then it has more life.

I hope to see it in our Hotel.

Reviewed September 7, 2007

Stayed for a week in hotel and we were pleasantly surprised, Centre of Marbella and great location for beach, restaurants, shops. Room & hotel were basic but clean and spacious. Staff friendly and helpful, would stay again

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank WicklowOptimist
hotellima, Director General at Hotel Lima Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

First of all I apologise for answering you with so much delay.
Thank you very much for your comments and I am happy that is
He was amazed of their experience at our Hotel.
I hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 8, 2007

Whie my friends and I could not fault the location of the hotel and the clenliness of the rooms, the unfriendly and downright rudeness of some of the staff was uncalled for. On many occasions I felt an uncomfortable sensation that I was being wached, only to have my suspicion confirmed by my friend that one of the older ladies on breakfast duty was in fact giving me the evil eye. As I approached the breakfast buffet this lady in particular stod in front of the food and mortified me by not allowing me seconds. The younger staff were very helpful and friedly but not even this could compensate for the extreme show of bad customer service displayed by some members of staff.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank lucybelleDublin
hotellima, Director General at Hotel Lima Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

First of all I apologise for the delay in answering you.
Thank you very much for your comments.
It is the first time that we have a few negative comments on the
treatment of our staff.
I'd like to see the situation in which you site observed, perhaps get
outside the hours of breakfast or other situation in which the staff
may think that they are laughing of the.
Well it's not an excuse.
I apologise and I invite you to visit us again to see that we are not so bad.

Reviewed July 16, 2007

The best thing about this hotel is the very friendly staff, all of whom speak English very well. We also had a nice balcony, the room was clean, and the room was a good size (we had 3 adults). Also, the hotel offered various excursions to other cities as well as Marbella tours. The front desk also sold drinks for decent prices and offered a good breakfast for only 5 Euros.

In spite of the hotel, I didn't care for this area of Marbella. It was close to the old part of the city, which was nice, but the beach was dirty and crowded. There were cigarette butts and trash all over on the beach. I much preferred Torremolinos to Marbella. The hotel was also difficult to find - we were driving to the hotel and had to ask directions several times.

Overall, the hotel itself was great, but the area left much to be desired. I would suggest staying outside this area and doing an excursion to the old city. If you want to just hang on the beach, don't stay here at all!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank Andrea80

First of all I apologize for the delay in answering you.
Thanks for your comments. I give the reason our staff
He is attentive and helpful. Our rooms are a seal
in our journey.
It is the first time that I see these comments from the beaches of the Center
of the city and is the trasmitire to the Mayor of the city.