“Really Great cheap stay”

Hotel Lima Marbella
Ranked #25 of 70 Hotels in Marbella
Reviewed May 21, 2008

Myself and my best friend wanted a budget hotel for a wkend in marbella, and stumbled across this one on travelrepublic.co.uk.

At first we were slightly nervous about the hotel because of the such cheap price we paid £52 for the both of us for 2 nights with breakfast. However this hotel exceed my expectations complelty. It was a 2 min walk to the beach front and was right in the centre of old marbella with everything close by. All the bus stops were 2 min walks away and so was very easy to hop on a bus for a euro to puerto banus.

The hotel itself was very basic but really clean and very typical of spanish style. We arrived early and were allowed to check in with ease. We were given a room with a balcony overlooking the pretty streets and restaurants. Although this was a little noisy at night. The breaksfast was again very simple but had tea coffee plentiful and cereal toast, and cold meats. There was also a small supermarket across from the hotel and plenty of gorgeous restaurants along the beach front.

I would not hesitate it booking this hotel again or recommending. Staff were really polite and i have stayed in some 4 star hotels which are terrible, this 2 star was better than some of them!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank JadeT2007
hotellima, Director General at Hotel Lima Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

First of all I want to apologize for my late response.
Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad that you will enjoy your stay
in our Hotel and the cleanliness and the location of our Hotel will surprise. our Hotel is surrounded by restaurants and recreation area
and now the street is pedestrian, then it has more life.

I hope to see it in our Hotel.

Reviewed September 7, 2007

Stayed for a week in hotel and we were pleasantly surprised, Centre of Marbella and great location for beach, restaurants, shops. Room & hotel were basic but clean and spacious. Staff friendly and helpful, would stay again

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank WicklowOptimist
hotellima, Director General at Hotel Lima Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

First of all I apologise for answering you with so much delay.
Thank you very much for your comments and I am happy that is
He was amazed of their experience at our Hotel.
I hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 8, 2007

Whie my friends and I could not fault the location of the hotel and the clenliness of the rooms, the unfriendly and downright rudeness of some of the staff was uncalled for. On many occasions I felt an uncomfortable sensation that I was being wached, only to have my suspicion confirmed by my friend that one of the older ladies on breakfast duty was in fact giving me the evil eye. As I approached the breakfast buffet this lady in particular stod in front of the food and mortified me by not allowing me seconds. The younger staff were very helpful and friedly but not even this could compensate for the extreme show of bad customer service displayed by some members of staff.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank lucybelleDublin
hotellima, Director General at Hotel Lima Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

First of all I apologise for the delay in answering you.
Thank you very much for your comments.
It is the first time that we have a few negative comments on the
treatment of our staff.
I'd like to see the situation in which you site observed, perhaps get
outside the hours of breakfast or other situation in which the staff
may think that they are laughing of the.
Well it's not an excuse.
I apologise and I invite you to visit us again to see that we are not so bad.

Reviewed July 16, 2007

The best thing about this hotel is the very friendly staff, all of whom speak English very well. We also had a nice balcony, the room was clean, and the room was a good size (we had 3 adults). Also, the hotel offered various excursions to other cities as well as Marbella tours. The front desk also sold drinks for decent prices and offered a good breakfast for only 5 Euros.

In spite of the hotel, I didn't care for this area of Marbella. It was close to the old part of the city, which was nice, but the beach was dirty and crowded. There were cigarette butts and trash all over on the beach. I much preferred Torremolinos to Marbella. The hotel was also difficult to find - we were driving to the hotel and had to ask directions several times.

Overall, the hotel itself was great, but the area left much to be desired. I would suggest staying outside this area and doing an excursion to the old city. If you want to just hang on the beach, don't stay here at all!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank Andrea80

First of all I apologize for the delay in answering you.
Thanks for your comments. I give the reason our staff
He is attentive and helpful. Our rooms are a seal
in our journey.
It is the first time that I see these comments from the beaches of the Center
of the city and is the trasmitire to the Mayor of the city.

Reviewed December 7, 2006

We had a long weekend at this hotel and cannot praise it enough. The staff were extremely helpful, polite and understanding. The rooms are fairly basic but very clean and comfortable. The location is perfect, right in the middle of the town. There are plenty of bars and restaurants nearby, our favourite was Pinxto's which served great tapas. Simply fantastic value for money!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with friends
3  Thank Nidge58
hotellima, Director General at Hotel Lima Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2016

First of all, I apologize for the delay in replying. Thank you for your comments, especially regarding the personnel and the condition of the rooms. I agree with you, the hotel is located in the middle of everything. I am glad that you have enjoyed in the area around us.

A Hug

Reviewed July 24, 2006

The Lima Hotel was in a close walking distance to the shopping and more quiet beaches of Marbella. My husband and I did not see the value in what we spent. The rooms were very basic and the beds were not very comfortable. The reception staff was not friendly or the least bit helpful.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
8  Thank Travelin'Thuls
hotellima, Director General at Hotel Lima Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

First at all sorry for the delay.
Would you explain the reasons for your sentence...

Best regards

Reviewed December 28, 2005

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights at the end of December. The hotel is about 2 blocks from one of Marbella's many beaches (Venus)and there are some shops and restaurants close by. Even though we stayed on the 7th floor it was still noisy at night.

The room was large and clean and had a balcony. The rooms are dated but for the price we paid (about £50 for 2 nights)it was a good deal. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean central place to stay on a low budget.

• Stayed: December 2005
6  Thank Liz27
hotellima, Director General at Hotel Lima Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

First of all I ask apologize for the delay in reply to your comments.
Thank you very much for doing the same. I give the reason if you are looking for
a well located and clean, budget accommodation our Hotel is the best choice.

a hug