I've been staying at the melia la Quinta every year for the last few years. Previously it was called the westin.
Each year we have returned and had a fabulous time. The bedrooms are spacious, breakfasts are lovely and this year we had a lovely balcony with a view of the pool.
The breakfasts are served in the main restaurant and offer plenty to choose from. There is also a restaurant in the golf club which we ate in regularly too. The staff I'm here were very helpful. We ate in the Japanese restaurant once and it did not fail to disappoint, beautiful.
The pool area is very clean, towels supplied and even at high season we had no bother getting beds. They do have waiter service to the pool beds but it's a little slow and it's jus as easy to get it yourself.
The only problem I found was that when breakfast finished at 10.30 the pool bar didn't open until 12 and there was no shop open to buy a bottle of water. It was hard to lay in this heat and not have a drink of anything. And you aren't allowed to bring drinks down to the pool after breakfast as they are in glasses and not appropriate around the pool area. All in all a long dry wait for the bar to open jus to get sone water.
Nonetheless I will still be back in the meila next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, Benahavis, Marbella is ideally located in the beautiful "Valley of Golf", Marbella, which makes it a unique destination for lovers of golf, featuring its exclusive club and a 27 hole private golf course. Situated between the Mediterranean sea and the mountains of Sierra Blanca, and only 10 minutes by car from the Costa del Sol, the hotel is surrounded by an exceptionally beautiful natural landscape. This unique destination, which is blessed with a warm sunny climate all year round, is ideal for couples and families to enjoy with all the amenities and services needed for relaxation and wellbeing. The 1,500 sqm SPA, the 2 exterior swimming pools surrounded by gardens and the Westin(R) Kids Club will facilitate fun for the young ones and tranquillity for adults. The Westin La Quinta rooms and suites are comfortable and spacious, featuring an authentic Andalusian-style décor flooded with natural light, private terraces, uplifting views to the mountains and all the amenities that distinguish Westin, including the Westin(R) Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia La Quinta Golf And Spa Resort
- Melia La Quinta Golf Hotel Marbella
- Westin Marbella
- La Quinta Marbella
- Marbella Westin
- Marbella La Quinta