I had one day here on a business trip at the end of October.
The first gripe is that it's difficult to find. My agency had somehow put the map of the other Melia hotel in Marbella onto my order confirmation. It's on the road to Ronda, about 3m north of the main Marbella-Algeciras road. There are endless roundabouts. Once you get the right one (two up from the BP garage) there's one small sign amongst many others announcing the hotel. The resort hotel is two miles further on. The staff on arrival are friendly and welcoming. Rooms (ours anyway) are large, with beds to match. The views across the golf course to the mountains are spectacular. It's not a beach hotel, though, and if you want the sea, this isn't for you. It's beautifully quiet. There's a good pool. Breakfast is good, though there's a casual air about the service. Three of the hot items were used up when I ate (not late) and though the dishes were filled up willingly there was an inevitable delay. Orange juice also had to be refilled and the coffee machine was not functioning because it needed to be emptied of used coffee grounds. Lunch was potentially nice, though I had to send my fish back because, though allegedly local, it had been frozen and was still raw and cold in the middle. Problems are however put right smilingly. Staff want to help. The environment is relaxing. Once you learn that nothing here can really be done in a hurry, it's a pleasant spot. I shall probably use it again for the sleep quality and the peace and quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, Benahavis, Marbella is ideally located in the beautiful "Valley of Golf", Marbella, which makes it a unique destination for lovers of golf, featuring its exclusive club and a 27 hole private golf course. Situated between the Mediterranean sea and the mountains of Sierra Blanca, and only 10 minutes by car from the Costa del Sol, the hotel is surrounded by an exceptionally beautiful natural landscape. This unique destination, which is blessed with a warm sunny climate all year round, is ideal for couples and families to enjoy with all the amenities and services needed for relaxation and wellbeing. The 1,500 sqm SPA, the 2 exterior swimming pools surrounded by gardens and the Westin(R) Kids Club will facilitate fun for the young ones and tranquillity for adults. The Westin La Quinta rooms and suites are comfortable and spacious, featuring an authentic Andalusian-style décor flooded with natural light, private terraces, uplifting views to the mountains and all the amenities that distinguish Westin, including the Westin(R) Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia La Quinta Golf And Spa Resort
- Melia La Quinta Golf Hotel Marbella
- Westin Marbella
- La Quinta Marbella
- Marbella Westin
- Marbella La Quinta