We chose La Quinta to be able to visit friends who live in the Marbella/Banus area after spending some time further up the coast. We often stay in Melia Hotels and have always been impressed by their quality & service levels. We were given an upgrade to a poolside room which was larger than average, big comfortable bed, etc.etc. we were given an extra room key card so we could go out and leave a card in the electric box to keep the A/C going, and a welcome presentation of "luxury" bottled water and chocky biscuits daily (nice touches!).
Good breakfast/lunch menu & not silly prices, and a nice terrace to have it on. we didn't have dinner at the hotel, but the Japanese restaurant looked inviting.
Lovely pool & garden area. Didn't play golf there as the day we wanted (Sunday) didn't have early tee times available. So played at nearby Atolayah Park (at much less cost!).
Brilliant staff, everyone very friendly, courteous, & helpful. We had late flights home and the reception staff gave us a late as possible check out, then use of the beautiful Spa facilities to shower & change after lingering at the pool to get the last of the sun before returning to cold old UK!
The only niggle was that our room key cards never seemed to work. good job we were on the same floor as Reception and didn't have to walk too far to keep getting them re-validated. Same thing happened whenever getting out of the car park, where the room card should allow you to exit. No one seemed to know why, and we noted some other guests had the same issue. For this reason only I have downgraded Service to "Very Good".
That said, we will certainly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, Benahavis, Marbella is ideally located in the beautiful "Valley of Golf", Marbella, which makes it a unique destination for lovers of golf, featuring its exclusive club and a 27 hole private golf course. Situated between the Mediterranean sea and the mountains of Sierra Blanca, and only 10 minutes by car from the Costa del Sol, the hotel is surrounded by an exceptionally beautiful natural landscape. This unique destination, which is blessed with a warm sunny climate all year round, is ideal for couples and families to enjoy with all the amenities and services needed for relaxation and wellbeing. The 1,500 sqm SPA, the 2 exterior swimming pools surrounded by gardens and the Westin(R) Kids Club will facilitate fun for the young ones and tranquillity for adults. The Westin La Quinta rooms and suites are comfortable and spacious, featuring an authentic Andalusian-style décor flooded with natural light, private terraces, uplifting views to the mountains and all the amenities that distinguish Westin, including the Westin(R) Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia La Quinta Golf And Spa Resort
- Melia La Quinta Golf Hotel Marbella
- Westin Marbella
- La Quinta Marbella
- Marbella Westin
- Marbella La Quinta