We booked a villa for a 10 day stay in San Pedro.
On arrival it was not as described - panic search for a hotel.
Melia La Quinta
Melia Puerto Banus
In my opinion La Quinta was by far the best visited.
Here are the reasons why:
It is really quiet and relaxed even when it is busy.
It has fantastic views of both the sea and the mountains
It is within 15 euros taxi range of good bars and restaraunts
I take my bike and its easy access to some great tracks up into the mountains
We had one of the best value rooms we have enjoyed for a long time
It was very large with its own private terrace and two sun beds
Well equiped and well decorated
Only one British TV station but we were not there to watch TV!
First Class if you like golf and Spa
My wife thought the spa was streets ahead of Seaham Hall if that gives a comparison.
Average if you are really into your Gyms - this was ok - one old ergo - lots of CV and a couple of weights machines but no Smiths Machine,Squat rack or free weights
Bar lacks atmosphere
We found 90% of the staff to be very polite and helpfull.
Breakfast staff were exceptionally helpfull.
We got what we thought was a great rate for a 10 night stay
Only down side is the charge for parking
Ok for a couple of nights but not for 10
Be carefull where you park around the hotel as you can get a ticket if in the wrong place
It was not the cheapest of the 4 hotels listed but we were very happy with the value cost equation
We look forward to returning at the end of the summer
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, Benahavis, Marbella is ideally located in the beautiful "Valley of Golf", Marbella, which makes it a unique destination for lovers of golf, featuring its exclusive club and a 27 hole private golf course. Situated between the Mediterranean sea and the mountains of Sierra Blanca, and only 10 minutes by car from the Costa del Sol, the hotel is surrounded by an exceptionally beautiful natural landscape. This unique destination, which is blessed with a warm sunny climate all year round, is ideal for couples and families to enjoy with all the amenities and services needed for relaxation and wellbeing. The 1,500 sqm SPA, the 2 exterior swimming pools surrounded by gardens and the Westin(R) Kids Club will facilitate fun for the young ones and tranquillity for adults. The Westin La Quinta rooms and suites are comfortable and spacious, featuring an authentic Andalusian-style décor flooded with natural light, private terraces, uplifting views to the mountains and all the amenities that distinguish Westin, including the Westin(R) Heavenly Beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia La Quinta Golf Hotel Marbella
- Melia La Quinta Golf And Spa Resort
- Westin Marbella
- La Quinta Marbella
- Marbella Westin
- Marbella La Quinta