“PADI for a Paddy”
Review of Diving Life - CLOSED

Diving Life
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 2010 Diving Life is conveniently located at the leisure boat harbor of Marbella (Puerto Deportivo de Marbella). Our dive center is PADI Dive Resort and SSI Dive Center - diving operator in Marbella. The city center of Marbella is close by, as well as the sandy beaches which are within walking distance.The dive center is open daily from morning to early evening. Daily dive trips briefings at morning. We offer PADI courses of all levels. Everybody gets the personal attention and instruction necessary to dive safely, relaxed and get the unique experience of scuba diving. The diving center has a friendly and inviting atmosphere and has intentionally been kept as a smaller place to guarantee individual services. Scuba diving equipment has to be carried only very short distances. To the boat it is only about 50 meters.Our team of professionals is waiting for you, they will bring you to the best dive sites of Costa del Sol, Gibraltar and Tarifa. We will take care of reliable guidance. All you have to do is enjoy the peaceful and unforgettable dive experience. So dive into the relaxed and inviting atmosphere of recreational scuba diving and discover the Mediterranean fishes and beautiful marine life.Besides the diving courses we are only dive center in Spain's Costa del Sol having daily boat dive trips all year around to over 100 dive sites. Whether you are new to diving or are an avid diver, Diving Life offers everybody a new and great adventure. If you don't have your own transport we offer a pickup service.
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“PADI for a Paddy”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Marjo, Jan and Vivi are true professionals, they make you welcome, kit you out with excellent equipment and give you the confidence to fully enjoy the diving. Located on the Marbella sea front right beside the harbor, the location could not get any better. Marjo took me through the course and we had lots of fun along the way including the open water dives with Jan at the helm. In all we had over 3.30 hours bottom time over three mornings of the course and I finally came away with the PADI open water diver qualification. I cant recommend Diving Life enough, its location, quality of guidance, professionalism and most important of all, fun ! Next time I'm in Marbella I'll be booking a dive with them for sure.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Peter B

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Second review”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I did a review in July 2012 after our first experience with Jan and Marjo and as a result of that exeprience we have been back.

We let Jan know we were coming out and pre booked 4 dives over 2 days, Gibraltor and Marbella.

The dive in Gibraltor was fantastic, especially the 2nd dive when Jan who had observed me on the first dive reduced my weights and I felt totally different and really enjoyed the second dive, especially the Octopus who got annoyed at us and was spraying ink. It is great that Jan is so experienced he can see where you are going wrong and can advise on being asked, which means you get more out of your diving.

The following day we went out on the boat and the dive was led by Daniele, he helped me with my bouyancy and gave me a technique for descending which I found really helpful. I also felt very safe diving with him.

I have a 5ml wet suit and started to get cold on my 4th dive and so asked Jan to advise me about the various suits on the market and what would be best for me. I have purchased a new 7ml semi dry suit through Jan, it arrived before we left for home but unfortunately I did not have time to get it wet.

I am so pleased we found this dive centre and look forward to our next trip to Spain so we can return to do some more diving.

Whatever your experience I cannot recommend this dive centre highly enough. They are safety before anything else.

Visited October 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Friendly, Professional and Fun!!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Thanks to Marjo, Jan, Matilde, Sean and Daniele for a gerat 10 days diving... they really put themselves out to make me welcome from the moment I walked in the door.
Even though I have dived in the area for a number of years they took me to a number of dive sites that I never knew existed and they tailored the dives to cater for my passion for underwater photography - plenty of life and I have never seen so many moray and conger eels!!!
There is a full range of diving from shallow beginners dives to deeper more challenging diving... all carefully planned to match the abilities of the divers.
Enjoyed the pre and post dive banter... can you please forward my PADI Diving Without Fins Specialty asap??
I will see you all again next year and we will photograph the mola molas... I'll be back!!!

Bucharest, Romania
“Best dive on Costa del Sol!!!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

For me, diving whit this guys, it was e very pleasant experience in my holiday in Marbella.
Jan and Marjo are very friendly, good instructors and nice people.
All the time I love diving with professionals, and diving whit them it is a real pleasure.
They are careful to the diver needs and wants. For example, I want a Deep Dive during my staying, and they do everything to do that. And it was one of my best Deep Dive ever, whit their colleague Matilda, also a very nice girl.
They have a good equipment, a great boat, and Jan it's an excellent skipper.
I have a lot of dives with many Diving Centres, but diving with Diving Life it is one of the BEST.
I would recommend it to everyone.
If you are in Costa del Sol, diving whit Diving Life it is a MUST!!!
All the best guys, and keep going in that way

Dragos

Competa, Spain
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Best PADI 5 star dive shop on the Costa del Sol!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I have been diving with diving life since moving to Spain in June of 2012. Jan and Marjo and their staff are absolutely fantastic folks. They have so much experienceWe discovered them from the reviews on Tripadvisor and also that they are an Aqua Lung partner center. Jan took care of inspecting, servicing and cleaning our regulators. We also ordered our semi-dry suits from them and had them in less than 48 hours. Their prices are cheaper than any other dive centers in the area. They are also the only dive center that we found that does 2 tank dives in the mornings and the afternoons. The dive sites are super cool, from shipwrecks to huge boulders full of amazing life. On almost every dive we see octopus, huge Conger eels, large crabs and cuttlefish. There are plenty of nudibranchs and tiny shrimp, blenys and fish of all kinds. They treat their customers like family here!