“Disappointed”

Julies Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2012

A disappointing experience in a lovely setting. Was looking forward to a meal here but certainly would not re-visit.
Good points, apart from the location, were 'proper' toast with the pate and a lovely dessert.
Pate itself was very disappointing, for main I had fish cakeS but received 1 fish cake with a small amount of salad, when I pointed out to the waiter that it was plural on the menu he told me this was a mistake which if this was the case then this should have been pointed out at time of order! He asked me if I was upset with this - well of course it's false advertising!
Worst point was the filthy table, glass topped but certainly not kept in a hygenic condition, no table clothes were placed on the table when we ate which I think is against the law in Spain although I may be mistaken on this point.
One waiter was very friendly but the other certainly needs a career change

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Thought I would try this well located bar resteraunt in Cabopino, it was a disappointment from start to finish, firstly the table cloth looked like a war zone, and I had to ask for It to be changed,even the replacement should not have passed as clean, our starters were pâté and chicken ceasar , neither should tax a reasonable chef but they were at best average, we both had fish cakes as mains and at 14.50euros, the single cake which had negligible fish content, atop a bed of greenery and A couple of basic dips was a disgrace, the drinks were Banus prices and around 50 per cent higher than other similar local establishments. Shame but could never recommend this place other than it's location.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Took my mother for a birthday dinner. The risotto was inedible, really just a mound of claggy rice pudding in the middle of a bowl. We sent it back and exchanged it for mussels. These arrived in a thick white sauce, the ingredients for which clearly came out of a packet. Their thai fishcakes, stuffed jalapenos etc are definitely frozen and not homemade as described on the menu. Service was OK, once they'd moved us to a table on the bar area because we wished to smoke and once the waiter had brought us the bill, he was really quite friendly! I've known Julie's for a while and it's great for a drink or cocktails whilst looking out over the port, but don't bother with dinner there.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

We just called in for coffe and a snack....just superb service and genuine frendlieness...even dasiy dog was offered a bowl of water...we will be back. Thanks!

1  Thank Russ44
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I just love this restaurant. The staff are so friendly and efficient. Great location overlooking the Marina with the nice boats. The food is excellent and varied. We go there for breakfast, lunch and diner (not every day!). Last night just sat there, had a few gin and tonics and just relaxed with my partner listening the to nice music. You can lounge about on their leather sofas or sit up at the table. Two French guys own it and they know how to look after their staff and their customers. I would recommend this restaurant to the young, old and middle aged like us.
Gill Johnson