My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. On arriving at Malaga airport it was easy to get a bus to marbella and then a taxi to the hotel (the taxi costing around €12).
On arriving at the hotel we were advised that our room had not been paid for. Therefore be warned that even if you have completed all card details online you are likely to have to pay on arrival.
The hotel reception area is nothing impressive but is certainly well presented. The staff were friendly and helpful.
The rooms were spacious, clean, comfortable and of a general good standard. The decor is contemporary. The rooms were cleaned daily and had good air conditioning. There was also a nice balcony. Our balcony overlooked the street which was actually a pleasant view and was sunny until around 8pm.
The hotel provide free wifi for 30 minutes per day in the public areas but you have to pay for wifi in the rooms. This cost €20 for 1 week which is nothing to break the bank but I still thought this was pretty poor service given this is not classed as a "budget" hotel where you would expect to pay for all extras.
The pool area is lovely! Lots of sun loungers available. Towels are provided. There is even a library of books/magazines to read (which I presume have been left behind). The pool was a bit too cold but it was certainly nice and refreshing on a hot August day!
My main criticism of this hotel is the food. Not many people have commented on the food except to say that the breakfasts were "excellent". I am really not a fussy eater and would certainly not consider myself much of a "foody" but I have to say the food was a real disappointment and I consider there is definitely room for improvement.
My boyfriend booked the hotel as an all inclusive deal as he said it may save some money as the restaurants in puerto banus could be a bit pricey. Given that we paid £2700 for a one week all inclusive stay it was not a cheap option. Lunch and dinner was a buffet. There was a fairly good variety but the food was poor quality. The food was warm at best. The lasagne, for example, looked like pasta sheets with tomatoe ketchup- not at all tasty. The dinner was slightly better but a lot of the same food from lunch seemed to re-appear!
The thought of a week all inclusive at this hotel was pretty grim and therefore after the first day we asked to change to bed and breakfast only. To the hotel's credit, this was not any problem and we were refunded our money for the rest of the week.
I have read a lot of reviews about the excellent breakfasts. The breakfast was fine but nothing to get up early for!
The hotel was in a great location. Very close to the beach and only around 15 minute walk from puerto banus. It's a lovely walk to Puerto Banus along the beach front (and I'm not usually someone who walks for pleasure!). If you want to get a taxi to Puerto Banus it only costs around €6.
My only warning is that if you have an early morning flight home (as we had!) the only way to the airport is by taxi. This cost us nearly €90 which was a lot for a 45 minute car journey- just a word of warning.
Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel but stress that the food is the main downside and could certainly use some improvement. I would NOT recommend going all inclusive but in all honesty it worked out for the best as there are so many lovely restaurants around that it would be a shame to miss out! Also the restuarants aren't as pricey as I thought!
I would say the hotel is a 4*. The food is 3*
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the very first moment you arrive, the Marbella Coral Beach hotel brings peace and quiet to all travellers. Located on the seafront at La Milla de Oro in Marbella, decked out in a fine Mediterranean style and offering all kinds of experiences and attractive activities. Its 170 rooms and state-of-the-art suites make this a magnificent hotel where you can spend a few intimate days relaxing in the tranquillity of Marbella. The hotel features free Premium Wi-Fi services, two pools, a fitness room, all inclusive option, massage service, body treatments, a buffet restaurant, Sea Soul Restaurant and Beach Club with sea views, two bars…and an exclusive VIP zone with Balinese beds and open bar service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Marbella Coral Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Marbella Coral Beach Hotel Marbella
- Occidental Coral Beach Marbella
- Occidental Coral Beach Hotel Marbella