I stayed at this hotel for a business and social event. It had be nearly 35 years since I spent any time near the Meditteranean and it reminded me of how much I love this sea. The hotel was beautiful in the stucco open spanish motif. The rooms were large, with tile floors, and open to a nice balcony where you can sit and enjoy the Mediterranean breeze. My room faced the pool, and you can look out over the trees to see a bit of the sea. It is not directly on the beach. You walk out the back of the restaurant, across a little street, that puts you in their beach house, which is direclty on the sea. In front of the beach house if a small sandy beach. We had a catered dinner in the beach house one evening, and it had a nice bar for our event, and obviously available for use during the day.
The breakfast was extensive, with too many choices to list. it is a short walk or 5 Euro cab ride to Puerto Bano, where the "rich and famous" hang out. Lots of multimillion yachts in the harbor, and upscale night clubs and restaurants. Unfortunately, according to some of the locals, the place has been more take over by lower class party animals, frequenting the not so classy gentleman's clubs and cheap bars all along most of the streets. Reminded me of some of the ports I navigated my 4000 ton US Navy destroyer in 35 years ago. I couldn't help thinking how the drunken young European gents reminded me of my crew, making up for lost time in all the bars in every port we hit.
But back to the hotel.. if you like a toned down, quiet, relaxing, luxury place.. perfect service, food to die for, and wonderful memories.. I recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the very first moment you arrive, the Marbella Coral Beach hotel brings peace and quiet to all travellers. Located on the seafront at La Milla de Oro in Marbella, decked out in a fine Mediterranean style and offering all kinds of experiences and attractive activities. Its 170 rooms and state-of-the-art suites make this a magnificent hotel where you can spend a few intimate days relaxing in the tranquillity of Marbella. The hotel features free Premium Wi-Fi services, two pools, a fitness room, all inclusive option, massage service, body treatments, a buffet restaurant, Sea Soul Restaurant and Beach Club with sea views, two bars…and an exclusive VIP zone with Balinese beds and open bar service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Iberostar Marbella Coral Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Marbella Coral Beach Hotel Marbella
- Occidental Coral Beach Marbella
- Occidental Coral Beach Hotel Marbella