“Amazing tapas, best ones so far”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bar El Estrecho

Bar El Estrecho
Ranked #28 of 1,370 Restaurants in Marbella
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bar, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Tapas bar.open from 1954.homemade food.good atmosphere
Munich, Germany
“Amazing tapas, best ones so far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We are foodies and have been to well over 50 restaurants in Andalucia in the past 2 years.
This is our favorite tapas restaurant so far. Great selection and great taste!
Great for families with little kids too. And very affordable.
The atmosphere is not great but with food this good no one cares!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank GlobalPolyglot

Wolverhampton
“Hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Found this after trying to find a traditional tapas restaurant in Marbella. Took us a while to find as hidden in the authentic streets of Old Town, and we are a bit rubbish at map reading, but well worth the effort. Food was amazing and service was exceptional. Unfortunately we don't speak Spanish and as the menu was completely in Spanish we were a bit worried at first, but the extremely helpful and friendly staff explained it all for us. And as if it couldn't get any better it was fantastic value for money, in fact the cheapest meal I had all week. If I am ever in that area again I will definitely return.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank pr1ncess80
London, United Kingdom
“Best Tapas I've Had..... (And that's a lot of tapas!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

I've been visiting Spain for 28 years now and love tapas, this was genuinely the best I've had... All fresh, extremely tasty and great value. The restaurant itself and staff are all fantastic and all that you need... I'd recommend the albondigas, langoustine pil pil, calla ares and the pork in tomato sauce and also the Shiraz was lovely.
Will definitley be going back as soon as I can!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank LondonTraveller810
Auchterarder, United Kingdom
“Excellent value tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Although a year since we last visited, we were greeted like long lost friends by Alfonso (the owner) and the ever efficient Jonathan. Here you can not only see some of the dishes in the cold cabinet, but see it being cooked just at the side of the bar. No matter what your choice is, the food never fails to please, and all at reasonable prices. You will find quite a few locals in here! (Always a good sign)

Visited June 2014
2 Thank ferrett55
Bournemouth
“What a find!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

El Estrecho was recommended to us by the guy at our hotel. Once we found it, we went back three times!! The tapas was lovely, even the one with tripe in it, which I tried just for the hell of it. It is a family owned bar and the lads behind the bar are friendly and very welcoming. They even managed to reintroduce us to sherry which I really enjoyed, providing tasters of moscatel, pedro ximenez and my favourite, lacrima christi, which took me back to Christmases 45 years ago. Heavily used by locals so you know it is a great place, but even as tourists we felt comfortable. Can't wait to go back. Having eaten some rubbish masquerading as Tapas by the beach, this is the real thing. Love it, love it, love it!!!!

1 Thank stevec8126511