“Lovely lunch spot and very friendly staff”
Review of The Farm

The Farm
Reserve a Table
Tue, 10/15
8:00 PM
Ranked #149 of 1,710 Restaurants in Marbella
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: FOR FREE BOOKINGS, go to our webiste or Facebook page. You will find us located in Marbella's Old Town. The old Palace house constructed over 500 years ago is used today as a gastronomic house. Enjoy the harmony and selection of fresh local products and selected wines. Each dish is prepared with Special care and attention, to provide the highest quality for every guest. You will always receive a special welcome at The Farm!! We have live flamenco show on thursdays & saturdays on our secret garden! PLEASE check our Facebook calendar to confirm this event. We take from small to large group bookings (up to 300 guests)
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had walked past here often and assumed it was a farm shop only. I stopped for a glass of wine - which turned out to be organic! It was superb and good value 3euro( a very large glass) and to my surprise I enjoyed their falafel made with quinoa.. I bought a bottle of the wine on leaving. Fussy Brits looking coke and sandwiches move on! I don’t know about their evening show - but I would return for lunch

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (534)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were 3, initially to have dinner, but because the waiter took over 20 minutes to give us the menu (without a smile or welcoming word...), we decided to only have a drink and leave. While having the drink we ordered some tapas (Chorizo): we received 6 slices (6!) of cold chorizo, with some industrial italian Gressini.... the glass of wine I received was tiny... the sangria smelled fake pre-mix... not worth your time and money!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked our table for 19.30 after seeing an advert on their website about a show. The picture shows a male guitarist with flamenco dancers.
We were greeted by our lovely waitress who showed us to our table.
She brought the menu and we chose the special which was a starter, main course and desert for €35 which we thought was reasonable for Marbella centre of town.
The food came. My starter of tomatoes with garlic and tuna was tasteless and watery. I couldn’t taste the garlic.
Main course was lamb slow cooked with mash with bits of carrot in. Should have been ginger in there but I couldn’t taste that either.
Desert was caramel mousse but it looked and tasted like butterscotch angel delight.
What shocked us the most was when we asked for the bill, each item was added separately instead of 2 lots of €35 plus drinks.
When we queried the bill the waitress took it back but came back with a what was expected but charged my husband €20 for the rum he had which on the last bill was €15 !
Her attitude changed towards us too because we caught her out and she was annoyed because of this. We were furious and so she didn’t get her tip.
The flamenco dancers were very good but at the end of the day they were just dancing to recorded dance tracks on their phones. One of the ladies skirt was ripped. A total disappointing evening to what we were hoping to have. Very poor standard. Don’t waste your money.

1  Thank batfink23
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked for the flamenco show with the fixed price menu. We were greeted and seated very nicely and given the €35 menu to select from. The show was ‘average’ (no guitarist, just 2 ladies and iPod speaker), the food was ‘ok’..... the bill came and we had been overcharged by around €30 for all individual items. I questioned this and the attitude changed immediately..... from nice to rude..... the ONE rum I had went up from €15 to €20 on the revised bill. Wasn’t worth another discussion (didn’t deserve a tip). A disappointing end to what should have been a nice evening. Will not be going again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food was Ok but the service was awful. Everything had to be asked for 3 times as it was either slow in coming or forgotten. Appeared as if nobody was in charge and the staff seemed to spend most of the time hiding in the building. Occasionally they came out and looked into the distance, avoiding all eye contact and then returned back into the building. There did seem to be enough staff hiding in the back but nobody seemed interested in serving. Shame.