“This place has dropped its Standards”

La taberna del pintxo
Ranked #62 of 1,447 Restaurants in Marbella
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed December 26, 2013

There was a time when it was impossible to get a seat in this place winter and Summer, now its never a problem, but that´s not a reason to go.
The Food is still quiet good, but the choice has diminished somewhat, quiet often they are quiet and therefore they have to cook to order, defeating the whole Pinxtos concept there are far better choices in town.
In recent times I have noticed that the Staff have become complacent and have no real interest in pleasing their customers. On my last visit, they kept serving the tables around us, who had arrived at the same time as us and and eventually would come back to us with the less favourable choices, maybe they knew the other customers but the fact is we were also customers.

There are newer reviews for La taberna del pintxo

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stopped here for lunch on the recommendation of our hotel. Unique experience for us. Really enjoyed the opportunity to sample numerous items that we would not have tried. But since the food was presented to us on a platter we ate several different items than our usual. The beer was excellent, Victoria. First time I have had it. Food was mostly good and the pricing was great. Definitely a better spot to eat.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I never usually eat in the same restaurant twice when on holidays - but this please was an exception. My son thought it great (he's 8) and I was suitably impressed. If you like tapas then this is the place in Marbella - they come around with plates of tapas for you to choose from- no one Tapas over 1.95 - intriguing way of charging- bu the type of stick in the food!
Great service and always buys- a must if you like tapas!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was taken to this place and enjoyed it so much I went back again the next day.

Very cheap, cool seating area outside, lots of the plates were amazing as well. The only issue was trying to get some of the special plates to come out as some of the regular plates are not too fancy; tip would be just get the menu and ask or go in if you have to.

I thought it was a really nice place to go, especially if you have had enough of some of the expensive prices elsewhere!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

First, top marks for supplying one of the better Spanish beers, Victoria, which I haven't seen in any other venue in Marbella. After that, there's a good solid selection of pintxos. The waiters bring them out and go from table to table offering. There's a good selection and you can order more of any you particularly fancy. The quality can vary but is usually pretty good. They do a nice jamon too. Recommended spot. Sitting out on the barrels can be a bit stressful between the smokers and the street sellers hassling you, but otherwise it's all part of the atmosphere!