“Skina restaurant not worth Michelin stars at all”
Review of Skina

Skina
Ranked #176 of 1,454 Restaurants in Marbella
Cuisines: Spanish, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were 6 persons above the average experienced with and interested in gourmet visiting the restaurant Saturday in the beginning of Sept 13, with the full menu incl wine menu. The short story: a very rude manager/waiter, somewhat tasteless food. The service: far below average. The restaurant would have been a nice visit for 1/3 of the price, but not more. After having kindly asked several times that the wine was served in too small amounts (May we have more wine, please?), we gave up. The bottles disappeared, no refill,

The food: beyond average in any of the restaurants around in Marbella. With two exceptions (almond soup and the little meat): somewhat tasteless and disappointing. Strange for a restaurant with such recommendations.

The presentation: although we several times kindly asked for a more thorough presentation of the food and the wine, especially why they had chosen that exact combination ingredients/wine, we were very briefly given just some general clues.

The service: repeatedly forgetting fork and knife for some of the guests around the table. And seemingly forgetting to refill and to take time to kindly ask how we were doing, in spite of several inputs that we weren't confident with the service.

It ended up with a situation where we were overcharged (they changed the bill) and where the manager was very furious and aggressive, told us to show him respect. And so forth.

Sorry guys, this restaurant is not worth visiting.

5  Thank Trond F

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We vacationed in Marbella from 8/20-29. Of all the restaurants we dined in for dinner while we were there, Skina was the best. The quality and presentation of the food, wine, service, and attention from Mr. Granda was top shelf. Don't pay attention to the negative comments in other reviews. I am a "pill" when it comes to food and service. We had no issue here.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Me and my parents went the other day only to find out you can only order a full menu, not just an entree. Me and my mom were not that hungry, so we decided we would go to another restaurant and told the waiter (or what seemed to be the manager/boss), that we were sorry but that we didn´t want to order the whole menu and just finish our drinks.

Turns out it, he became furious!

This is just an excerpt of the conversation:

Waiter: Why didn´t you know we only serve menus before coming here?!
Me: sorry, but i don´t read the menu of every single restaurant i go to beforehand. I just walked by and thought it was a cute place and that´s why we came.
Waiter: I don´t go to Mercedes or Cartier just because i think their stuff is cute!
Me: You are being incredibly rude.
My mom: If I go to Cartier they don´t force me to by the whole set. I can just get the earrings or the necklace or the bracelet.
My dad: Let´s get out of this place. It´s not worth arguing anymore with that imbecile.

Sorry but, insinuating that we were leaving because it was to expensive for us, not because we just didn´t want to eat that much, is out of line. Neither do we look like hobos nor are we poor.

Had he been nice about it, we would have probably come back another day when we were hungrier.

9  Thank 13Cindy_K
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I am not one who typically writes reviews, more the one who reads them, but on his place I had to share. My last night in Marbella and asked my hotel for a "good food" recommendation. They sent me to Skina, which is down a quaint cobblestone alley in old town. From the moment that I said down they served me treats from the chefs with descriptions of all the local foods and where the food came from! I chose the pix fix tapas menu, at €78 -- and was far from disappointed. 3 little tastes, and 5 tapas (the next better than the last) it was one my favorite places in Marbella.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had the tasting menu, and the amount of each dish was VERY small. Only the sardines were mediocre. The rest was pretty good and some dishes--including the almond soup--were quite good. They charged us 12 Euros for a bottle of water; good restaurants should not do that. This is the second time we have eaten it; there will not be a third.